SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pros and Cons Walther PPK/S .22lr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pros and Cons Walther PPK/S .22lr Login/Join 
posted
Any opinions on he PPK/s .22lr? I have a credit of $420 at my LGS and would like another 22 for plinkering? Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've handled some of the new Umarex versions and was disappointed, but I'm comparing them to original steel guns. Seems to be a lack of consensus on the internet as to whether or not they're good shooters. As is typical, many of those shooters having problems with function don't seem to mention what ammo they're using or if they cleaned and lubed the pistol before firing.

I've got (at auction) two Manurhin PPK/s .22's in the last two months. One excellent condition and one absolutely mint/unfired. Just like a Walther TPH, the first is fine with ammo it likes; not so reliable with ammo it doesn't like. (The mint/unfired one is staying that way....for the time being.)

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
I've handled some of the new Umarex versions and was disappointed, but I'm comparing them to original steel guns. Seems to be a lack of consensus on the internet as to whether or not they're good shooters. As is typical, many of those shooters having problems with function don't seem to mention what ammo they're using or if they cleaned and lubed the pistol before firing.

I've got (at auction) two Manurhin PPK/s .22's in the last two months. One excellent condition and one absolutely mint/unfired. Just like a Walther TPH, the first is fine with ammo it likes; not so reliable with ammo it doesn't like. (The mint/unfired one is staying that way....for the time being.)

Congratulations mesabi on your auction finds. If you do not mind, how much did you pay for each of them? Just curious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
I have a Walter PPQ in 22lr that has 9200 rounds through it. When I use CCI mini mag's I get very few jams. The gun is been a lot of fun and I am considering getting the 5 inch version of the same pistol which has the fiber-optic sites.

posted Hide Post
If you are referring to the current offering I would pass. Horrible, and I mean horrible triggers.

Happiness in a 22 is a Buckmark.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Potmetal. Avoid.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, pass on the Walther. Look for a made in Italy Beretta model 70S in .22lr. Berben or Garcia import.

They are SAO, but reliable and accurate. Use CCI ammo.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
IMO, pass on the Walther. Look for a made in Italy Beretta model 70S in .22lr. Berben or Garcia import.

They are SAO, but reliable and accurate. Use CCI ammo.

Yes The Mossad gun. one question, are the magazines used usually around $100?