SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    super fun man vs. man steel match yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

super fun man vs. man steel match yesterday Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Fun local man vs. man match. I only shot video of the first bracket... I won the first bracket, placed 2nd in the next, and won all matchups in the final overall shootout until the final first place matchup, where I lost 3-2 against an Open shooter (the same guy who beat me in the final matchup of the 2nd bracket). SUPER FUN. The adrenaline gets pumping when you hear the other shooter hitting plates first or getting his first shot off before you, and you have to mentally discipline yourself to ignore all that and just focus on your plates.

https://youtu.be/SQSfv1xOTmM

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

I love shooting steels.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done, 1k. Great shooting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That is fun! Man vs man does make the adrenaline pop.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I love that sound. Good shooting 1k. What pistol were you shooting and what was the open shooter useing?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I was shooting my M&P CORE 9L with RMR and Apex FSS sear and trigger. Not ported, no other mods. Leather/kydex safariland belt slide IDPA legal holster. Open shooter was using a Limcat race gun with a C-more I think and a race holster.

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. Steel, fun, paper, sorta boring after a while.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
Nice form and as a result, very nice shooting

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Very good shooting! Looks like a great time!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks! It's interesting watching yourself on video because you can see how slow your draw is, how much unnecessary movement there is to clear the garment/holster (maybe I should get a "shooting shirt"), how I sort of hunch my head down, etc.