SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WTK: P225 Barrel identification/information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTK: P225 Barrel identification/information Login/Join 
Picture of txscout
posted
I have a stainless oversized/extended length barrel for a 225 that I found in my "stash of stuff", that I had bought some time ago. I was wondering if someone could help me ID it or has any further information.

It is marked "9x19 NM 225"

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 31 | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
https://www.sigsauer.com/produ...rearms/pistols/p225/ maybe?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
https://www.sigsauer.com/produ...rearms/pistols/p225/ maybe?

That's a P225-A1, not the original P225. The barrel in the OP is for the P225.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txscout:
I have a stainless oversized/extended length barrel for a 225 that I found in my "stash of stuff", that I had bought some time ago. I was wondering if someone could help me ID it or has any further information.

It is marked "9x19 NM 225"

Thanks in advance!

I wonder if the barrel was intended for the Canadian market, as Canadian law requires a pistol barrel length of more than 105 mm (that's just a hair over 4 inches). And, the standard P225/P6 barrel length is 3.86 inches. A stock P225 is a prohibited firearm in Canada.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of txscout
posted Hide Post
It's possible it could be an EFK variant, because of similar markings, but it would have to be a custom fit.

I don't think so about the Canadian market. It seems the OD of this barrel is purposely oversized, for custom fitting--it won't fit thru the end of the slide without turning it down on a lathe.

I'll have to measure it and get the OD and overall length. I'll post it later when I get home.

Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 31 | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post