Find
Notify
Tools

GP100 Fun Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
I mainly just shoot.38spl target reloads in my GP100. Put a box of full power.357 Magnum downrange yesterday. Had almost forgotten what a good time can be had shooting them.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Both the GP100 & SP101 handle the the Magnum cartridge rather adeptly and are surprisingly accurate with it too...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have a GP100,a Match Champion, and an SP101.
Sho’nuff 357 is a hoot out of any of them.
I must say, if I had to burn down my house and walk off into the woods, those Rugers and my Marlin 1894CSS might very well be what I grab on the way out.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
GP100s are a treat. And the big brother RedHawk is no slouch either.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Eventually, I would like to pick up a GP100. I've got a Super Blackhawk and a New Vaquero in .44 mag and .357 mag, respectively. I generally shoot .44 spl or .38 spl through them, but it is damn fun to see how they perk up with the magnum loads!

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The 4” GP100 is without a doubt the best of all worlds for the .357. You can comfortably shoot full house loads all day and never tire of it. The same can be said for its smaller sibling.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.357 is lots of fun, I love shooting it out of my model 19. I don’t even bother with .38 specials.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I would really like a GP100 in 10mm

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I love shooting my 4" GP100. In fact, when I take my kids to the range these days, they shoot all the plastic guns, and I shoot my revolvers.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Another GP100 lover here !

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my GP100 quite a few years ago and have shot it extensively. I cant even begin to guess the round count. Never a problem. And no visible wear either.
The best gun ever made by Ruger? GP100.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoy both of my GP100s, standard 3" and a distributor 5", both stainless. The TALO 10mm is mighty compelling for making a triad...if only it came with a 5" barrel. All I ever seem to shoot is .357MAG out of them. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago, I sold my 4" GP100 to help pay for a (to me) grail gun (686-4 Plus). Told myself I didn't really NEED two 4" 357s. I missed it almost right away.

Thankfully, my friend sold it back to me a month or so ago, without having ever shot it. Great friend, great gun!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I shoot a GP100 Match Champion For ICORE and love it.
I wish they made one in 9mm.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Recently sold my wife’s SP101 in .357 and then bought two of the SP101 in 9mm

Awesome lil revolver

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Recently sold my wife’s SP101 in .357 and then bought two of the SP101 in 9mm

Awesome lil revolver

I love my snub .357 sp, but I am seriously craving the 9mm version.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my GP100 but also love my Kimber K6S and Colt Cobra Smile.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.38 spec and +P are a good time but .357 mag at 75 feet are just plain old gratifying

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I take a newcomer to revolvers to the range,
I'll load 3 38 specials then 3 357 magnums and hand it to them. On the fourth pull of the trigger they jerk up, head spins around with eyes wide open!!
Quite a difference.
Love my 4" GP100!

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Whether plinking grade 38Special or full house 357Magnum loads, the GP100 is a pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post