SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you don't have one, get a Maglula UpLULA magazine loader
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you don't have one, get a Maglula UpLULA magazine loader Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
If you're having a hard time loading your pistol mags, definitely look into the Maglula UpLULA magazine loader; I just got mine and tested it out on my P365 mags (those mags were a pain to load by hand - my thumbs are were hurting) and a Glock 19 mag. Let me say, that I wish I bought it years ago!

I got mine from one of our members: Greg Cote

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ma...3kve994v4t5udq8jcq66

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
And if you have one, get another. Someone will always be wanting to borrow one at the range.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using one for many years .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, great product.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to getting one so I could use up a Bass Pro gift card. I also wish I had done it years ago.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned one for a few years now and I always say it’s the best money I ever spent

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few years ago, not usually for my own use, but because I kept seeing cadets at the academy where I teach firearms who would struggle with loading their magazines during firearms training.

Now, I can hand them an Uplula and give them a quick demo of how it works, and then we can get back on the firing line quicker.

I must have stronger hands than most, because I've never run into any magazine that gave me too much trouble loading by hand, even the notoriously stiff P365 magazines (which I admit are noticeably harder than average to load by hand when new). So I've never been in a situation where I was loading a magazine and said "Dang, I need to get out my Uplula because I just can't get this one loaded!" But the Uplula does definitely save my thumbs some soreness during those times when I'm refilling a large number of magazines in a short period of time.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far mine lives with my P365s. I never considered one prior to getting those pistols.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also in the camp of wishing I'd gotten one years before I did. For me it wasn't about difficulty in loading a mag. More like speed and amount of loading. Once you get the rhythm down you can load noticeably faster than just by hand. Loading a few mags...no big deal. Loading 1,000+ rounds at a match or training...I definitely noticed the difference. No sore thumb and much faster.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I have had one for years and really like them. They are very good for easily loading mags quickly.
I recommend that you write your name on yours, so the folks that borrow it know who to return it to. Wink

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They are very useful. When I was running M4 ranges, I bought 6 of them for our team. We were loading 8 magazines for around 80-100 shooters each session. The "speed loaders" that came with the issue ammo wasn't very fast or reliable. Depended big time on the condition of the mags and those were typically beat up. Running 2-3 ranges a week with the volume we ran, we simply couldn't do any maintenance, there wasn't enough time.

Now I have them for my AR and pistols.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Loved my UpLULA! Sadly I lost it. I needed one but couldn't find one locally, so I bought a Butler Creek loader to get by. Needless to say, the Butler Creek can't hold a candle to the Maglula brand. Will be buying a replacement UpLULA as soon as I can find a good deal on one.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
And if you have one, get another. Someone will always be wanting to borrow one at the range.

Yup

They also make a great one for AR-15 Works with just ammo, ammo on steel stripper clips, ammo on plastic stripper clips!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgJMn3Jh6xc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Best described as 'wonderful'.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A buddy at work has one and loves it. I think he secretly hates that I can load my P365 mags by hand faster than he can with the gizmo Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are a great asset. I have both the larger and smaller size for different guns/calibers.

Posts: 6842 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The Maglula made for the Ruger 10/22 mags is the best thing since sidewalks.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Great product!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Terrific product; especially for those with hand arthritis.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I like these little buggers and have owned them for many years now.

While I don't normally use them all that often, they come in really handy when initially loading new magazines that are especially tough to get fully loaded the first time or two, such as 365 magazines.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post