SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's a good price for a just slightly used M9A1?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's a good price for a just slightly used M9A1? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted
Beretta, that is. There's one listed on a local board that I'm tempted by. I've shot 92's before but didn't get along well with them because I've got small hands. This one has a short-reach Wilson trigger installed so I'm tempted to give it a try. But I don't know if his asking price is reasonable. He's asking nearly the price of a new one, but in addition to the Wilson trigger this one comes with a couple of OWB holsters and 5 15-rd mags. Thoughts?

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Quantico Tactical has them new 545.00, with three magazines. Two magazines plus 30 and maybe plus 50 for the holsters and other add ons.. or just buy a new one and be at 545.00 plus a transfer. Magazines and holsters aren’t a big deal to me. Just me for the price, I would just buy new and you get a warranty. If he was dumping it for 500, I would have to think about more.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
For me the holsters add zero value depending on who made them and the magazines only a little since new magazines are so cheap for the 92. I paid a little over $500 for a lightly used M9A1 a couple of months ago and it was complete with the case and everything else, including the outer cardboard box.

Depending on how small your hands are you might want to try the Wilson 'ultra thin' grips too. They're a bit on the pricey side but those grips and the short reach trigger make the 92 feel as small as it possibly can be.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I put them on my 92 for that reason, yes they are worth it if you have smaller hands and want to enjoy better results with your 92. They look very good too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
$425 max. I would pay slightly more for a 92A1

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'd probably pay $550 for an M9A1 with 5 mags and the Wilson Combat trigger if it's in excellent used condition. If the M9A1 came with a composite trigger, I'd probably replace it with a Beretta steel trigger or Wilson Combat trigger anyway, so that would be $25-$30. The two extra mags, as long as they're OEM or MecGar would add $40-$50. I wouldn't consider the value of the holsters in most cases unless one was a good range holster that I would actually want to buy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobandmikako,

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm gonna pass on this one. A 92/M9 is one of those guns that every firearms enthusiast should own (along with a 1911, a good revolver, a reliable .22LR and a 12ga pump), and one day I probably will. Not this time though.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post