SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 rehab/upgrade
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 rehab/upgrade Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Over on the other forum they are mad bashing WC and Beretta right now. I may have stuck my foot in it because I think they are complaining about minor stuff without even shooting the guns.

Me love my 92’s. This franken gun rivals my
92G-SD, except I do like the serrated frame. Although the LTT VZ grips are super grippy and make up for that. (When my son isn’t looking I’m changing the grips back). Lol

One of the reasons I kinda tread lightly these days. My dry firing far exceeds my keyboard strokes by thousands and most that complain are probably opposite.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

That being said I'm very intrigued by the Langdon trigger kit for my other 92. How hard is it to install? I'm mildly mechanically inclined.

It's not hard - I went slow and it took maybe an hour - that's watching, looking, watching again, then going through it all slowly.

I think the only tool I would have liked to have is a small crochet hook for the trigger spring, but even then I managed by using a paperclip and bending it into a small hook.

Everything else was surprisingly simple with LTT and others videos available.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, I need to type less. I just find it difficult when somebody complains about aesthetics and sends it back never having fired a shot. All because Bill Wilson stamped his rollmark on it. But there I go again. I can’t help myself. Lol

The 92 is easily the most take apart friendly metal gun. You can take frame down to bare in about 5 minutes. I personally think the only even mildly challenging part is installing the sear spring. Now installing the G conversion is cuss worthy. Just remember do it inside a ziplock bag. Trust me.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now installing the G conversion is cuss worthy. Just remember do it inside a ziplock bag. Trust me.

I survived the G-conversion unscathed but I see Beretta learned to send a couple of extra springs with each kit... lol... it was probably beginners luck for me!

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
its easy to do the G kit without the bag if you keep your thumb over the path of ejection. I found that easier than building a ship model in a bottle, so to speak.

One nice thing about Inox slides is that you can polish the rails and feed strip. Its quite normal to have machine tool marks on the feed strip; I've had to use a file to work them off, then 200/400/800gr than stone and then Flitz polish. Comes out with a mirror shine and glides over the hammer. That's one step in the "action tune" that AAGW does (to a less extent, Wilson Combat as they don't spend nearly as much time). I can post a few before/after pics of the process if that's helpful. Think Elite II levels of "slide rides on bearings" feel

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:
Over on the other forum they are mad bashing WC and Beretta right now. I may have stuck my foot in it because I think they are complaining about minor stuff without even shooting the guns.

92G-SD, except I do like the serrated frame. Although the LTT VZ grips are super grippy and make up for that. (When my son isn’t looking I’m changing the grips back). Lol

One of the reasons I kinda tread lightly these days. My dry firing far exceeds my keyboard strokes by thousands and most that complain are probably opposite.

I know you are a two yard line commando.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:

I know you are a two yard line commando.

I is.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea, I need to type less. I just find it difficult when somebody complains about aesthetics and sends it back never having fired a shot.

Oh I wasn’t referring to you, I peeked over at the thread you were referring to. I agree with you 100%.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about the flush cut/reverse crown barrel job. Who did it?
I just bought a 92FS from SCsigs and I think I want to do that Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me if the flush spring cups from the Elite models without the lanyard loop are available anywhere? Thinking I might like to give one a try.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Can anyone tell me if the flush spring cups from the Elite models without the lanyard loop are available anywhere? Thinking I might like to give one a try.

https://www.brownells.com/hand...aspx?sku=913-100-509

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm curious about the flush cut/reverse crown barrel job

While I'm not sure who did this one, I know Wilson Combat will do it. I was just thinking today about sending my M9A1 in to have this very thing done, along with one or two things.)

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy over at the Beretta forum named WAL does some very reasonable work on Berettas. I have had him cut and crown numerous barrels and drill a FS slide for fiber optics. Good stuff.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I legged out with my 92FS in 2004. It has a fit bushing on the barrel and modified LPA sight. Also Roddy did some trigger work. It is definitely good for 4-5 inch groups offhand at 50yds.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had no issues with the G conversion on my old 92F. I had issues with it not returning to fire on my Brigadier FS slide so I sent it to WAL for an install and a right side lever delete. He was very fast and it looks and works great.

I had Josh at AGW cut and crown the Brigadier barrel and thread my 92F barrel.

I'm on vacation so let me see if I can dig up some pics from my old photobucket.

Here's a close up of the barrel in my 92F

and where it normally is since I use the 92F as a suppressor host

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s amazing how much better they look with the barrels cut down and crowned.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'm that interested. A normal one is like $3-4. I might give making one a try.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'm that interested. A normal one is like $3-4. I might give making one a try.

^^
Yeah, I was a little shocked the first time I ran across them. (Hell, they want $10 for a lanyard loop one when CDNN has them for $4).

If they were $10, I'd already have one.
(More for aesthetic reasons as I've never hit the lanyard loop on a reload.)

posted Hide Post
^^^^
I scored them on sale, I think $12.99 each. So keep watch you might have some luck.

Still cheaper than the WC Mag guide thingy, I think those are $45 or something!

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Rhino:
I'll have to keep look-out for them to go on sale. Thanks for the heads-up.

quote:
WC Mag guide thingy

These things really don't blow my skirt up, and I think piedrarc is in the same boat.

One came on my CenTac, and it's...meh. Doesn't hurt by any means, but doesn't really help me all that much. YMMV

This, on the other hand, does interest me. I may have to get one and be a guinea pig.
It would put me over into ESP for IDPA (looks like it should fit in the box), but I wonder if the magwell alone is enough of an advantage vs just staying in SSP.)

http://www.egwguns.com/1911-pa...g-and-magwell-combo/