SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new CZ P10C and Bereta APX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new CZ P10C and Bereta APX Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted

Picked them both up and not much more to say than what is on the youtube reviews. I will say the trigger on the P10C is excellent but there is some take-up, a nice clean crisp break and very short reset. But, there is less take-up on the APX and it has a short reset as well, just not as light of a break.

I like the ergo's more on the APX and prefer the looks with the serations on the slide being very usable. The grip texture on the P10c is very aggressive, no tape needed there.

Below are the two new guns with my Zev Tech Tier 1 Glock 17 and my PPQ Navy M2. As far as my guns go, these are my best striker fired guns but the Zev is aftermarket, the rest stock. I would have to say, the P10C probably takes place at the top, just above the PPQ.

I look forward to the range time. I have well over 1000 rounfs of JHP and FMJ ready to go.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great photography. Did youget any spare APX mags? If so, how much? Look forward to range report..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
After picking up the CZ and the Beretta at my LGS, IMO I would have picked up two CZ's. The Beretta's trigger felt like I was waiting for the reset. It might have just been over lubricated. The CZ trigger had a little creep, but that will probably smooth out. My only issue with the CZ was the slide stop. I hear it smoothies out over time as a slide release.

I also checked out the new FN509. It was actually very nice.

On my list is the VP9sk. Then the CZ when the prices of both drop.

Looking for the range review.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, those are both on my radar along with the M&P 2.0 and FN 509.

Could you tell me which grip can get the largest? I have big hands and bigger is better for me. The APX looks a little slim.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Great photography. Did youget any spare APX mags? If so, how much? Look forward to range report..

Just two in each box. So I have close to 1000, if not just over, to shoot in each to work them in. Will take some time with 4 whole mags between the two guns lol

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Nice, those are both on my radar along with the M&P 2.0 and FN 509.

Could you tell me which grip can get the largest? I have big hands and bigger is better for me. The APX looks a little slim.

So both of those are the medium grip and the APX still feels a little small as it has a thin grip near the slide. The grip on the CZ looks like it would be the largest of the two.

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by throwingdown:
After picking up the CZ and the Beretta at my LGS, IMO I would have picked up two CZ's. The Beretta's trigger felt like I was waiting for the reset. It might have just been over lubricated. The CZ trigger had a little creep, but that will probably smooth out. My only issue with the CZ was the slide stop. I hear it smoothies out over time as a slide release.

I also checked out the new FN509. It was actually very nice.

On my list is the VP9sk. Then the CZ when the prices of both drop.

Looking for the range review.

I've checked out all four you mentioned, purchased two. The APX trigger is good, the reset on mine is decent, relatively short, but not as short as the CZ or 509. The ergos on the APX, for me, were the best between the APX, P10C and 509. I would rate the triggers from first to last, P10C, 509, APX.

Now I own and often carry an HK P30SK with the light LEM. My shop has the VP9SK and doez it feel great in the hand, the trigger being the excellent VP9 trigger. It is on the list. Not sure if I would carry my P30SK as much if I had the VP9SK.

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Interesting how close they seem in style when they are side by side.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We just got the P-10C in. Like it but I think the APX appeals to me more. Both guns have triggers that are nicer than any factory Glock bang switch, but the CZ is sweeter though there's noticeable variation from gun to gun between the three we got in. Ergonomics for me go to the Beretta; I was tempted to add one when I got my M9A3 but frankly I've already got a whole range of strikers from different gun makers that are only going to sit around doing mostly nothing. Imagine that...logical and practical thinking won the day, well sort of (I still picked up the OTHER Beretta, after all).

I still haven't shot my FNS9 enough to warrant 'wearing out its welcome' for another striker. If anything, I may just pick up another VP9 as a backup instead since HK has a special deal going on with it and GCNs; that one's a known quantity for me that I've already got plenty of favorable experience and rounds downrange with.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
The APX definitely has very good ergos, feels great in the hand. Not quite PpQ, VP9 or P30 good but close.

posted Hide Post
FYI, and as others have said the mag release, slide stop/release and the trigger on the P-10c all take some time and rounds through it before they break in. That maybe a little different than some pistols, but that is just the way it is with these pistols. The slide release and mag release on my two when I got them, were stiff as hell, now they both work effortlessly. And again, as mentioned by some others, the triggers may very some from pistol to pistol, but they do smooth out and break in to a nice carry trigger. Mine are *currently* maybe a touch( 1.5 lb) on the heavy side, break wise. The PPQ that I used to have was right on the line of being almost to light, break wise. With it short reset and light break, it helped to shoot nice groups, but *for me* it would be a libility when the adrenaline is pumping and too easy to have an AD or bump fire. I toned down the grip on my P-10c to my liking, with a scuff pad. A 10-15 minute job and you cannot tell it was ever done my looking at it.
IMHO, the accuracy of the CZ P-10c is every bit as good as the VP9 OR Sig 320c and probably 1.5 to maybe 2.0"iches better than an out of the box G19 at 25yds. I like that it has no finger grooves, the ones on the VP9 that I use to have never lined up *for me* and crowded and somewhat pinched my fingers with a high hold. I also like the low bore axis, it has less recoil and noticeably less muzzle flip than most of the other 9mm's I have owned. The size and grip length of the P-10c are perfect *for me*. Because of the way the heel of the G19's grip is cut, I always wished it was just a little longer, like the P320c, for a little better grip and control. And so far, no brass to the face. I imagine at some point in the future the price on these will settle to around $450. Currently, it is probably the best time to buy guns and ammo that we have seen in a long time.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Seems the squared trigger guard style still reigns supreme.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The APX ships with heavy grease in the trigger and striker. Blow it out, relube with TW-25 or oil and lose 1/3 of the resistance in trigger pull.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great initial reports. After shooting them for a while, please actually measure the required force to trip the trigger.

Unlike with M&P M2.0 where Apex parts exist to tame trigger force, the new P10C, 509, and APX are such that one presently has to live with what results after "break-in."

. . . and in a few months, no doubt prices will come down as supply balances interest.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:

Picked them both up and not much more to say than what is on the youtube reviews. I will say the trigger on the P10C is excellent but there is some take-up, a nice clean crisp break and very short reset. But, there is less take-up on the APX and it has a short reset as well, just not as light of a break.

I like the ergo's more on the APX and prefer the looks with the serations on the slide being very usable. The grip texture on the P10c is very aggressive, no tape needed there.

Below are the two new guns with my Zev Tech Tier 1 Glock 17 and my PPQ Navy M2. As far as my guns go, these are my best striker fired guns but the Zev is aftermarket, the rest stock. I would have to say, the P10C probably takes place at the top, just above the PPQ.

I look forward to the range time. I have well over 1000 rounfs of JHP and FMJ ready to go.

Now THAT'S a nice picture!!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Great initial reports. After shooting them for a while, please actually measure the required force to trip the trigger.

Unlike with M&P M2.0 where Apex parts exist to tame trigger force, the new P10C, 509, and APX are such that one presently has to live with what results after "break-in.

. . . and in a few months, no doubt prices will come down as supply balances interest.

Cajun Gun Works is currently working on P10C upgrades.....may not be listed yet on his web site.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I shot around 200 rounds a piece through each gun today, all of the FMJ was 115gr, brass and aluminium while the JHP consisted of 115+p, 115 +p+, 124 +p, 147gr and 147gr+p. No issues at all, both guns are accurate as can be.

The grip stippling on the P10C is rough, puts marks on the palm and the trigger is absolutely superb. The APX is a soft shooting gun, with a good trigger, a bit of a soft trigger, especially after the P10C. The rest is longer, the break is less defined. However, the ergos on the APX are excellent, one of the best Ive held. I know everyone is different but I highly reccomend ether.

Both guns have very stiff slide catch/release, if used as such.

Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Man I hate you....

That's the two handguns I have high on my list right now. Smile

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the holster for my CZ P-10c today fromhttp:http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT85K9UtZbD8AbGpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzaWkzY282BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkwMkM1XzEEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1498179019/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.blackpointtactical.com%2f/RK=1/RS=Y4O830qrnWUSQbkq6DlWG6p02EI-I have used their holsters before with other pistols and continue to be impressed and satisfied with them.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got to hold the CZ today. It felt really nice in the hand and I liked the balance but the texturing on the grip is severe. It was almost uncomfortable just holding it, shooting it would be painful. I'd have to tone it down with some sandpaper if I had one.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post