SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Review: Sig Sauer P320 X-FIVE Full Size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Review: Sig Sauer P320 X-FIVE Full Size Login/Join 
posted
I picked up A Glock 19X and a Sig P320 X-FIVE Full Size this week....did not intend to buy anything on my trip to the Indoor Range at SafeSide Tactical, Roanoke VA. It just happened, but you all know how that is. On Friday, I took them both to my range just shoot them for the first time. From 35 feet, the G19X short really well at a 6 O'Clock hold. Everything centered and maybe a 2 inch spread. I have several X-Five Sigs and love them all so I was excited to shoot the P320 X-Five. The front Dawson green fiber optic sight was different and for me, different in a good way. The all black rear Dawson adjustable sight was locked down and shot 6 inches low at 35 feet and maybe 1-2 inches to the left. Took about a magazine to get it centered...See photographs of 2 targets. Also took it to my shooting gazebo which is exactly 300 feet uprange and aimed at a 12X18 inch plate. Shot 3 rounds (see photo). Needless to say, the Sig P320 X-Five has become my favorite gun...at least for this week. Can't wait to bring it to the IDPA meet next Saturday. Trigger was excellent, forgot about the trigger when shooting so I had no issues with it. Muzzle rise was very little and easily controlled. Seemed to settle back on the target. I had everything oil wet as recommended by Sig for shooting the P320 for the first time. I did have some Failure to Eject initially but after 100 rounds and using different ammo the problem stopped. With the 21 round magazine full and empty, the P320 X-Five maintained a balanced feeling. The Dawson sight system let me be very precise with my sight picture shot after shot at 35 feet and at 300 feet. I even hit a 6" square plate at 300 feet. The small fiber optic dot thd the thinner front sight blade still let me see the plate even at 300 feet. Both KT Mech and Bladetech make holsters for the Sig P320. I ordered from both to see which one I want to use for the IDPA match....if the arrive on time that is. None of my other 30+ holsters would even come close to a fit. The P320 X-Five is a hefty piece of equipment and the slide was too wide for any holster I have for any of my other Sig handguns. O, on a 1-10 scale I give the P320 X-Five a 9.8 and my Sig Legion SAO a 9.6. (Sorry, I could not download the picts of the targets....if someone can tell me how I will.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Virginia Gentleman,

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't wait to bring it to the IDPA meet next Saturday........With the 21 round magazine full and empty

Hopefully you already have an 320. My understanding is that the supplied mags are too long for IDPA.

Feel free to email (in profile) me the pics. I will post for you if can't figure it out.

How to post pics

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9000001624

I use www.postimage.org it's free and no need to set up an account. If you try them, use the "Direct" link.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Can't wait to bring it to the IDPA meet next Saturday........With the 21 round magazine full and empty

Hopefully you already have an 320. My understanding is that the supplied mags are too long for IDPA.

Feel free to email (in profile) me the pics. I will post for you if can't figure it out.

How to post pics

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9000001624

I use www.postimage.org it's free and no need to set up an account. If you try them, use the "Direct" link.

Where did you hear that? Mine fit perfectly in the gauge.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
From IDPA Facebook page:

I don't shoot IDPA, I do USPSA it just what I have heard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Targets shot from 35-40' with P320 X-Five Full Size. Sorry for the photo screw-ups. Just trying to feel my way through downloading picts.
https://s5.postimg.org/5s8woj3...180209_162000859.jpg

posted Hide Post
Plate Picts

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia Gentleman:
Plate Picts

Use the "direct link"

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Awesome, just picked up my 320x5 last week and shot a match with it Sunday. Struggled with the sight picture as I've been shooting Hk's almost exclusively the last 2 years. Like you had a few fte's that went away as the gun loosened up. Needs a strong ammo initially, I think. Great gun. Looking forward to putting a lot of work into it this year, along with my 226'sSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my holster for it yesterday...a Bladetech but waiting for my KT-Mec to arrive in a few weeks. I will take it to the range and practice with the new holster for the IDPA match this Saturday which is probably going to be cancelled because of a snow/sleet storm predicted. I found the sight really nice especially at great distance because I could see the front sight blade and small green fiber optic dot and the target. Most handguns at 200-300 feet obliterate the target altogether. The sights on the P320 X-Five are thin enough to allow me to still place the dot on the target. The bull barrel keeps the round trajectory right on at 300 feet. I love the X-Five series. I have a 226 Elite, 226 Legion SAO (love it), X-Five DE, X-Five Competition and an X-Five Entry. I think the P320 X-Five is the most accurate of them all in my hands.