SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G43 problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G43 problem Login/Join 
posted
I got a problem with my G43 that i cant figure out. When i put a full magazine in and rack the slide, it will load a round and the trigger goes forward but when i press the trigger it feels like its on something and then its just dead.
Last time i had this problem i turned the black thing that the trigger spring goes around what i think is upside down and then it worked. Just bought a new trigger mechanic housing and the problem came back.
I cant replicate the problem if i rack the slide with a empty magazine.
I got a Ghost -connector and a Overwatch trigger, rest is original. i have shot about 15k round through it.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

/Martin

Posts: 9 | Registered: August 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Is it possible it's not 100% in battery? Maybe give it a whack next time it does it just to see.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never noticed it so it must be very little if thats the problem but i will try your suggestion next time it happens.

/Martin

posted Hide Post
Commonly people put the spring in backward. (there is a right and wrong way) The spring rolls off the forward hook and causes the problem. Installing the cruciform incorrectly also causes the problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no visible difference on the spring so whats the right way?
The problem came back as soon as i changed to a brand new trigger mechanic housing with spring already in.

/Martin

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:

This is not a G-43 trigger/trigger bar. The G-43 trigger bar cruciform fits into a stirrup on the trigger housing and has no direct spring connection. My guess is that the front edge of the cruciform is not captured by the stirrup and the trigger has no spring tension.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about you put it back to stock, test it and give us a call in the morning.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:

This is not a G-43 trigger/trigger bar. The G-43 trigger bar cruciform fits into a stirrup on the trigger housing and has no direct spring connection. My guess is that the front edge of the cruciform is not captured by the stirrup and the trigger has no spring tension.

Ah I see now much like the Gen 5s. My bad.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
How about you put it back to stock, test it and give us a call in the morning.

What does he win Johnny?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was when i put it back to stock the problem came back. I tried the stock connector but that didnt help either.

posted Hide Post
I'm now confused on the parts status. It has 100% stock parts (no 3rd party connector or trigger)?

posted Hide Post
I tried to go back to all stock parts when i got the problem but that didnt help

posted Hide Post
I use taran +2 with springs, the last round is really tight so it might almost bend the ejector and tigger mechanic housing slightly upwards, can that cause the striker to miss the crusifix? I changed the springs to original in a couple of magazines and gonna see if that helps.

posted Hide Post
Your trigger bar is not set properly in relation to the connector. It's an assembly error.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Your trigger bar is not set properly in relation to the connector. It's an assembly error.

What?

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stihl:
I use taran +2 with springs, the last round is really tight so it might almost bend the ejector and tigger mechanic housing slightly upwards, can that cause the striker to miss the crusifix? I changed the springs to original in a couple of magazines and gonna see if that helps.

In your first post you said: "it will load a round and the trigger goes forward"
If the trigger goes forward, it has not missed the crucifix.
It sounds like what JWF said. The front of the crucifix isn't in the stirrup on the spring.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried some morse, the trigger goes forward abit and get hung up by the trigger safety. I can replicate the problem by racing the slide very fast. If i rack it alittle slower it usually works. If I rack it from slidelock it fails every time

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I no longer think it is a crucifix-stirrup problem. I disassembled my G43 for a look and found that the trigger bar will not stay on the trigger mechanism housing with out engaging the stirrup, spring pressure from the stirrup locks the trigger bar into the TMH.

Grasping for straws, you said you cannot replicate the problem with and empty mag inserted and your +2 Tarant mags have a heavy spring torquing the TMH when inserted fully loaded. what happened when you changed your magazine Springs?

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seriously when you said you had it back to stock, that should mean stock everything.
When its stock everything see where we are. I'm guessing you have bent the trigger bar, but its just a guess.