SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 228 prices all over the place (Update with pics)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 228 prices all over the place (Update with pics) Login/Join 
posted
I have been looking for one for quite a while and finally found a NIB 228 locally for $925. That seems awfully high. The only reference I have is GB and everything on there is wayyyyyy overpriced. So, decent price or pass at $925?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Watch Sigforum Classifieds. 12131 drops one of his occasionally, as do others.

I bought two from Q at $700 (a 1994 gun) and $760 (SAS w/night sights) last year. His were pristine and came with everything, but I guess not NIB technically. So IMO you are paying more now.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Sounds as if you came across 2Malamutes's P228 that sold recently on Gunbroker.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...360002574#1360002574

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a couple on Gunbroker today for about $850, well the M11A1 pistols anyway.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Sounds as if you came across 2Malamutes's P228 that sold recently on Gunbroker.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...360002574#1360002574

So I haven’t really looked since but around time mine sold all in similar condition were going between 12 and $1300. Guess it was just the going rate then... at least there. No complaints as a seller Cool

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Recently paid $950 for a damned close to NIB with Legend parts, including sights. Paid a bit more for extra mags and a horsehide holster and he threw in 3 sets of springs.

Got it back from Mr. Burke today and it's action is better than my M29 that Mr. Hamilton did for me years ago.....dreamy

I was a bit surprised by the price but considering "they ain't making no more" and the P228A1 is not the same.....grab 'em while you can

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I saw a couple on Gunbroker today for about $850, well the M11A1 pistols anyway.

Not a good comparison. M11-A1 is a P229-1 dressed up as a M11/P228. Real P228s have long been out of production.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

Not a good comparison. M11-A1 is a P229-1 dressed up as a M11/P228. Real P228s have long been out of production.

I agree but the originals are getting pricey and trying to find parts for the originals will be harder as days go by.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
narrow down to P228 for a search, and looking atg completed auctions,

4 sold in the past 90 days,

plain jane for $575, a Vickers for over $700,
and 2 in the box, one topped out at $1900+ the other was just over $1500

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not purchase that one. $950 was out of line for me and I was looking for a shooter. Notice I said was. Today a very clean West German 228 came up for sale on the same local boards. $750 with factory box and 12 factory mags. I spoke with the seller and will be picking it tomorrow. Sometimes patience pays off. Big Grin

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
All I want is an M11...

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I did not purchase that one. $950 was out of line for me and I was looking for a shooter. Notice I said was. Today a very clean West German 228 came up for sale on the same local boards. $750 with factory box and 12 factory mags. I spoke with the seller and will be picking it tomorrow. Sometimes patience pays off. Big Grin

If most of those mags are vintage dovetail &/or zipperback mags w/ German Triskelion stamp, then you'll be making out like a bandit.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
All I want is an M11...

Get in line.

posted Hide Post
I picked up the 228 today. It is a clean KE dated gun. 9 of the 12 mags were new in the bag. One zipper back, and 11 dovetail mags. I paid $750 for everything. That was a hell of a deal, and it came with the factory box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful P228 right there!! Screaming deal too.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
It looks as if the roll pin in the slide is starting to walk out of the right side a bit.

Congrats on your pick up! You got a P228 that's much better than 'shooter grade'. Cool

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Damn what a deal! WOW.
Nicely done!

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks as if the roll pin in the slide is starting to walk out of the right side a bit.

Congrats on your pick up! You got a P228 that's much better than 'shooter grade'. Cool

Yep. Check that inner roll pin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:

Yep. Check that inner roll pin

Will be tapping it in tomorrow Big Grin.

posted Hide Post
10 extra mags alone are worth at least $500, well beyond good deal.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post