SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Age of P210-2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Age of P210-2 Login/Join 
posted
I was wondering if there was a log of the serial numbers on the P210-2 like the other classic sigs? Mine is A112002 and has the P stamped on the trigger guard when it was privatized. Any direction on original date of manufacture would be most appreciated.

Posts: 90 | Location: The Mitten | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having done some research well in advance of having the money to actually purchase one myself, the best reference I have been able to find is this one: http://larvatus.com/sig-p210-serial-numbers/

Hopefully others will have better answers for you.

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tp1l:
Having done some research well in advance of having the money to actually purchase one myself, the best reference I have been able to find is this one: http://larvatus.com/sig-p210-serial-numbers/

Hopefully others will have better answers for you.

Any other old timers look at that and spot a familiar name? Pretentious PITA but definitely knows his shit about P210’s.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoldieMI:
I was wondering if there was a log of the serial numbers on the P210-2 like the other classic sigs? Mine is A112002 and has the P stamped on the trigger guard when it was privatized. Any direction on original date of manufacture would be most appreciated.

A P210 with an A prefix is a Swiss Army pistol. For this version there is no published records about manufacturing dates or shipping dates. Best guess baseded on known standard literature, it was made/shipped sometimes between 1950 and 1955.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
Originally posted by GoldieMI:

Much appreciated, So most likely 65-70 years old at this point. I knew about the A and P stamps for Army and Private transfer. The Holster has the same serial number (burned? stamped?) branded into the flap as well on the inside.
Either way she will continue to get shot and cleaned. Still feels awesome in the hand and locks up tight. The trigger is amazingly crisp for being a retired army piece.

A P210 with an A prefix is a Swiss Army pistol. For this version there is no published records about manufacturing dates or shipping dates. Best guess baseded on known standard literature, it was made/shipped sometimes between 1950 and 1955.

Posts: 90 | Location: The Mitten | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have A1424** and asked the same question when I got mine a number of years back. Someone advised that a good indication is the date on the inside of the grip panels. My grips are dated 1958. Yours is a P210-2 so I assume it does not have the wood grips.

Posts: 28 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct, I have the hard plastic grips on the pistol. Will it have or should have a date stamp under there as well?

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I got this P49 15+ years ago. It has serial number A136349. The original plastic grips are dated 1955. Yea, I know the box is not correct and neither are the wood grips. But, I like the feel of wood when shooting it.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post