SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320. This is a bummer, man.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P320. This is a bummer, man. Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If I owned a P320 I wouldn't worry about anything until I heard from Bruce...

Do we really think Bruce is going to come on here and say "yes, there is a major drop fire issue with the 320" or "nope, no issue at all with the 320?"

I think he is smarter than that. I'd bet he's gonna' let SIG handle this one.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If I owned a P320 I wouldn't worry about anything until I heard from Bruce. That goes doubly for a gun that he or any other reputable smith worked over.

Everyone on this site loves and respects Bruce for his contributions to the sig community and to this site in particular.

That being said, as brilliant as he is.... no gunsmith can forsee every possible issue with a pistol design. It is entirely plausible for Bruce to have done intense testing, yet missed this particular scenario.

As for not worry? Well I was reading over on another pistol forum with a 35+ page thread, where multiple people have accidentally dropped pistols over the years out of locker top shelves or other places onto concrete.

As we see in the Stamford case: https://drive.google.com/file/...N3l1SHkwQ243TWs/view

This does pose a HUGE danger if true.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I think that was just a Big Lebowski reference (the rug), with the thread title sounding like the Dude and all.

That's like, your opinion, man.

All this dude ever wanted was his P320 to work right.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I guess I am alone and don't find comfort in ANY firearm being dropsafe.
I have dropped 2 guns.
The first being my 226 it was sitting on the table on some newspaper I got up from the table and as I raised up the paper snagged between me and the table rolling the pistol off the table. My first instinct was to get myself the opposite direction of the falling firearm.
Dropped my 27 while holding it in another holster with a bunch of crap in my hands. Same thing first thought is to get away.
This is silly to me. There are so many ways and angles that a firearm can be dropped snagged etc. I don't trust any to be drop safe.
I'll get around to buying a 320 this does not sway me.

I just don't understand the logic here. You are fully cognizant of the risk of an accidental discharge when dropped. You are aware that firearms can and do drop accidentally... yet the P320 failing at such a high rate in three independent videos now doesn't sway you? I'm sorry... but that makes zero sense to me.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I think that was just a Big Lebowski reference (the rug), with the thread title sounding like the Dude and all.

That's like, your opinion, man.

All this dude ever wanted was his P320 to work right.

Shut the f up, Donnie.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This drop test failure business is BS, let's join the primary thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post