SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    On the flip side of my other thread. What dogs of pistols have you been impressed with.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the flip side of my other thread. What dogs of pistols have you been impressed with. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bought a commie police traded in CZ 82 back in the day. 200 bucks shipped. The best da trigger i ever had out of a da sa gun.

Fantastic gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Star BM Super 9mm. It was so worn out that you had to hold down the slide stop to keep it from bouncing up and stopping the slide half way through a magazine. The thing was a tack driver. I traded it for a very nice BM Super that patterned like a shotgun.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
CZ 52 w/ 9mm bbl & 5 mags for $85 many years ago. After a little tinkering it feeds and starts fires 10' accurately and reliably.

A 45 LC Uberti Cattleman and the same holster I used in CASS. Purchased when I was 15 and used a Lee $10.00 hammer style reload kit. Never a problem but did sometimes induce a flinch when setting primers. Still shoot it often though I have had to fabricate some parts over the decades.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again I must have been the really lucky one as I have a sig mosquito that i stuck with cci mini mags and after a few hundred rounds it has been flawless for close to 5000 rounds.

Also , not sure one would call it a dog, but the Sig P250c in 9mm should not have been discontinued. Definitely a solid DAO pistol.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcphoenix:
Taurus PT1911. The only 1911 I actually regret getting rid of.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Taurus Model 85 snub.

My personal experiences with Taurus are nothing but good. I'm not saying I consider them a top-tier company but they are not always the garbage they are made out to be. I had a 85 that was excellent and a friend owns a 1911 and a Beretta 92 copy that are both fantastic guns and, as far as I know, have never failed him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post