SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 15 round mags
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 15 round mags Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Question for those that actually bought the 15-rounder.

Does the mag drop free with an empty mag after slide-lock and pushing the mag catch/release? Or does it have to be stripped with the other hand?

Reason I ask is I have X-Grip adapters to use G17 mags in my Gen4 G19. Really like the feel and they don't add much bulk. Problem is that the slight contact from my lower/rear palm prevents the mag from dropping freely.

Yeah, I can get around it by stripping, contorting the hand or making changes to the reload mechanics. However, changing the procedure I have used on all my pistols for fifty years for one specific issue made no sense. Reluctantly, I went back to the 15 rounders. Two extra rounds isn't a big deal, but I preferred the feel of the X-Grip to the base G19 as well as my G34. Win some...lose some.

On the P365, none of the mags drop free for me; I have to pinch the pistol between my thumb and forefinger and open my hand wide to try to clear it from wrapping the grip and magazine, and even then have to strip the magazine out of the pistol. I could shake it free, I suppose.

The 15 round magazine doesn't fall away for me either, unless I pinch the pistol and open my hand wide.

With that little pistol, if I've already gone through the 10-12 rounds in the magazine and inserted a 15 round magazine, I've probably chosen the wrong tool to carry if I need to go for another magazine.

To me the P365 fits the same niche as a small revolver, but with more rounds and a reload that doesn't pick up as much lint and offers more options and less bulk.

With the P365, there are 28 rounds by carrying a full pistol and a spare reload, which is pretty good for a little pocket pistol. I'd have to carry a j-frame and five more speed loaders or bianchi speed strips to do the same thing...to that 15 rounder dropping free probably isn't an issue for me...because most likely I'm only carrying the pistol and that one extra mag.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great pocket pistol with 10 round magazines.

15 round magazines as a backup, perhaps. 15 round magazines for carry, defeats the whole purpose.

Just my opinion.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I tested my 15 rounder out Friday night at the range.

A hundred rounds fired with it - no sweat. The first time loading it, I could only get fourteen rounds in by hand. Utilized the trusty UPLULA and solved that. From then on out, I could fully load it by hand every time.

The slightly annoying thing I found out, was that the fifteen round magazine doesn't lock in very securely
in my Vedder magazine carrier like the twelve round does. When I carried the fifteen round magazine today, I used a Galco pouch that I had laying around.

I'm very pleased to have the additional rounds available for reloading my 365.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Just make it belt fed.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up for you guys..I just purchased two of the 15's from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore... 36.99 ea x 2 = 73.98 with free shipping!!! Get em while you can for that price!

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alcapone396:
Just a heads up for you guys..I just purchased two of the 15's from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore... 36.99 ea x 2 = 73.98 with free shipping!!! Get em while you can for that price!

How do you get the free shipping option there? Need an account?

Edit: nevermind - its showing that there's free shipping of the mags WITH a firearm purchase. Still, a good price for them.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
I placed the order by phone because the website wouldn't take my order..I was not charged any shipping with the two mag purchase!! I didn't complain either!!! LOL

quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Alcapone396:

How do you get the free shipping option there? Need an account?

Edit: nevermind - its showing that there's free shipping of the mags WITH a firearm purchase. Still, a good price for them.

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post