SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 15 round mags
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 15 round mags Login/Join 
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
I searched the how to and found Rogue’s instructions and obviously used image shack. Not ideal, but should work

Even though it’s no longer free, is photobucket the best way to go?

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I abandoned photobucket years ago when they pulled their nonsense and throttled everyone access. I’ve switched everything over to imgur now. It’s free and simple to use.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That links to your folder and needs to be logged in.

I use postimage.org now for my free hosting.

I preordered the mag, just wondering how it fits and how bad the gap will be when holding in the normal P365.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
That links to your folder and needs to be logged in.

I use postimage.org now for my free hosting.

I preordered the mag, just wondering how it fits and how bad the gap will be when holding in the normal P365.

Sorry about my technical ineptitude. Til I get it set up I sent pics to your email. If you want to post them up it’d be appreciated, if not I’ll get it figured out.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Hosted the pics for RR.
Thank you for the pics!

It looks good!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help Chowser!

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Nice man. Looks a little clunky to carry with the 15, but ideal for a backup. I'm anxious for mine now.

Do they load 15 well? Does the spring seem to be sturdy enough?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
Nice man. Looks a little clunky to carry with the 15, but ideal for a backup. I'm anxious for mine now.

Do they load 15 well? Does the spring seem to be sturdy enough?

Just put 14 in the first time. Prob could use some breaking in.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Its pretty tight like the 10s and 12s were, initially?

I know I had to wuss out and use my MagLula the first couple times to load the then new magazines.

Where in Upstate are you? I was at Ft Drum for about a dozen years and lived in Watertown for a few.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was hoping to use the 15 round magazines with the P365 for winter carry under bulkier cover clothing as I do now for the P228, and then use the 12-round magazines under lighter cover clothing for the summer, as I do now. Looks like the P365 with the 15 round magazines will have a longer hand grip than the 228. It is that buttstock / hand grip that affects concealability under cover clothing, and so it might need some more bulky cover than the 228, but presumably would still be lighter and less bulky overall??? Presumably. Will find out when the magazines arrive from Sig and will really figure it out next winter, I guess.

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Its pretty tight like the 10s and 12s were, initially?

I know I had to wuss out and use my MagLula the first couple times to load the then new magazines.

Where in Upstate are you? I was at Ft Drum for about a dozen years and lived in Watertown for a few.

Yeah, 15 may need a little dexterity in the beginning. Just tried it out. I was able to load 15, chamber a round and top off. Ran 16 rounds a few times at the range this afternoon with no issues.

Interesting concept to have that much available in such a tiny package. Like some have said, 12 round in the pistol with a 15 rounder within reach. Impressive.

posted Hide Post
Hoping the 15 round magazines will be useful as carry in the gun itself. I'm not a spare magazine kind of guy. I'm just not. Well, unless I'm going to a mall, in which case I'm a spare gun kind of guy.

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

I don't carry a spare so much for capacity as for "murphy." If under high stress or mag release accidentally bumped or if in a struggle the mag is ejected or just a mag failure, that is why I carry a spare with more ammo being a distant #2 reason.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
That 15 round mag looks huge. It puts the height of the P365 into G17 territory! They must have run out of magic making the P365 and not had any left to make mags with. I'll probably still buy one to carry as a spare, but I'm honestly kind of disappointed at how big it is.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
That 15 round mag looks huge.

I kinda thought that too. I guess the stacking geometry of the stock mag holds the same through the extension? Does the spring become a different animal in some way?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
G17 length indeed! Is the sleeve removable or is it part of the mag base?

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
G17 length indeed! Is the sleeve removable or is it part of the mag base?

Part of the base. It does come with another base that has a shorter sleeve. Guessing for the P365xl?

posted Hide Post
Any pictures of it disassembled?

Posts: 50 | Registered: April 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Minor gripe, but I would've liked to have seen SIG contour the front of the 15 round mag to match the frame of the pistol.

We'll see how it feels when mine comes in here soon.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post