SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 15 round mags
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 15 round mags Login/Join 
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
I was excited when I first saw that they were coming out. Under heavy clothes it looks good to go. But under light clothes or summer not so much.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That looks ridiculous. Yeah yeah, I get it, more choices this and that. But, it still looks ridiculous.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That looks ridiculous. Yeah yeah, I get it, more choices this and that. But, it still looks ridiculous.

It does. That said, I carry a Glock 17 mag as my backup when carrying my Glock 19. Looks funky, but has a practical purpose just like these 15 rounders. I received mine today and was pretty impressed. Carrying with the 12 rounder and the 15 in a mag carrier.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
One thing that surprised me was Sig included an extra floor plate with each mag. One for the P365 to fit flush and one for what I assume is the P365XL later on.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That’s great info that it comes with floor plates for the XL. Thank you guys for reporting that. I was going to wait for ones that fit the XL, but I’m jumping in now.

I carried my 365 yesterday for the first time. The XL coming out is just too much for me. I Think I’m going to stray from my G43X/48 tandem for carry.

Haven’t carried a thick gun for years. I got a shield when they came out and never looked back. A few years later, the guns are still thin, but my capacity is right back to 15. Fantastic!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks huge in the 365, but I’ll probably get one anyway. After I test it at the range a few times, I’ll put it into rotation as my back up mag.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Just tried to buy a few. Says enter zip code to see if it’s legal for me to buy them. I put in my zip and the zip to my office. Both error and it says to enter a “valid zip code.” Fucking Sig. I try to give them a chance and this shit happens. Lol, I think this is a sign to just stick with my 43x.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That’s great info that it comes with floor plates for the XL. Thank you guys for reporting that. I was going to wait for ones that fit the XL, but I’m jumping in now.

I carried my 365 yesterday for the first time. The XL coming out is just too much for me. I Think I’m going to stray from my G43X/48 tandem for carry.

Haven’t carried a thick gun for years. I got a shield when they came out and never looked back. A few years later, the guns are still thin, but my capacity is right back to 15. Fantastic!

I dumped my previous P365 for the Glock 43x. I love that gun, even had a custom leather exotic rig made for it. I picked up another P365 a few months ago and I've been hooked again. With the 15 rounders, I have a hard time wanting to put my Glock 43x back in a holster......

I had no need or use for the XL or the Glock 48. Just wasn't for me, but more options are always better.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Just tried to buy a few. Says enter zip code to see if it’s legal for me to buy them. I put in my zip and the zip to my office. Both error and it says to enter a “valid zip code.” Fucking Sig. I try to give them a chance and this shit happens. Lol, I think this is a sign to just stick with my 43x.

I had the same thing. I backed out of the order a couple of times, and then just went through with the order. The notice doesn't do anything and doesn't prevent order from being placed. It appears to mostly be a nuisance.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is the "magic" is in the transition from single to double stack. That's where the Sig 365 magazine gains rounds over the competitors. Once it extends to the double stack section it doesn't gain any rounds over a standard double stack.
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
That 15 round mag looks huge. It puts the height of the P365 into G17 territory! They must have run out of magic making the P365 and not had any left to make mags with. I'll probably still buy one to carry as a spare, but I'm honestly kind of disappointed at how big it is.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
With guppy’s advice I was able to get a couple 15 round mags ordered, and they arrived today. Thank you.

The height with them in the gun is the exact same as the 320 compact, FYI.

They seem well made and I’m happy with them, but still need to test them. I’ll get them to the range next week sometime.

My only complaint is that they didn’t contour the back of the mag. The 12 round mags extend the rear of the grip and make them very comfortable imo. With these being flat on the back, it makes a rather abrupt transition right in my palm. It’s not the end of the world by any means, but it’s not as comfortable as the 12 rounders. The front feels good to me.

The height doesn’t look as ridiculous in person as it does in the pics posted in this thread. Not sure why, but to my eyes, that’s how it seems anyways.

All in all, these mags make me even more excited to get my hands on an XL.

posted Hide Post
My 15 round P365 mags showed up today. They are freakishly large, out of proportion to the firearm, and look ridiculous when inserted in the P365.

Looks, however, are unimportant, and all that matters is that they function. I can't imagine carrying the P365 with these magazines, but I can very much see a place for carrying one as a reload magazine. If one has gone to the second magazine, then all that really matters is that it feeds and it has ammunition. Has anyone ever been in a gunfight who later said they wished they had less ammunition?

The textured portion of the mag is quite grippy, the texture like the P365 pistol; as noted above, they contoured the base except for the backstrap area, and it looks and feels just a bit odd. Not a big deal, and I see why they didn't (removal of the base. There can't be anything back there, in order to remove the largish baseplate used for adapting to the P365.

If the smaller baseplate is used for the P365XL, then it won't be nearly as noticeable.

I will never carry the P365 with one of these magazines in place, but I'd certainly carry them as the reload.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I became a Chicago cop back in the mid 60s I was allowed to pack a 6 shot .38 special and 6 extra rounds in a dump (dump being the operative word)pouch. And for my first years the bosses were strict about not packing extra ammo.
Now with my 365 I have 13 on board and 24 on my belt, amazing! If I change to 15 round back up mags I will have 43 rounds, almost a whole box on tap with 2 mag changes. Almost staggers the imagination...........
And oh yeah I am still working as a RR Special Agent. My 365 makes me really feel comfortable, particularly as our issue long gun is an MCX.
Maybe I should retire, it can get cold in those MN rail yards at night.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
These mags have their place. Yes, they are a bit large to carry all the time in the gun itself but, as a backup magazine they are great. If you found yourself in a pickle, the extra rounds are nice and when reduced to gross motor skills under stress, having a bit more to wrap your meat paws around and stay in the fight will be appreciated. You have the ability to turn a cute little daily CCW into a full fledge fighting gun, full size sights and all..just a short sight radius..that's up to you to do your part with practice.

Imagine yourself in a coffee shop, shorts, t shirt and flip flops.... don't need them. The normal 10/12 round mag in the gun is perfect. That iced Americano is just the ticket, during a few minutes of peace and quiet to enjoy the sound of the local air base freedom jets flying overhead. You can almost hear an eagle "caw".

You then go to pick up your child from school (armed - shoosh..what they don't know, they don't know..) and as you are there waiting, window down, listening to Skynard Simple Kind of Man, you hear a few gunshots, screaming and everyone starts pouring out of the building.... grabbing those freakishly large 15 rd mags in your go bag(fannypack is ok), from your center console or your tactical magpul CCW socks, will seem pretty damn comforting as you go get your game on!

That little pistol is capable of quite a lot. I'd hate to not be prepared if opportunity comes knocking.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for those that actually bought the 15-rounder.

Does the mag drop free with an empty mag after slide-lock and pushing the mag catch/release? Or does it have to be stripped with the other hand?

Reason I ask is I have X-Grip adapters to use G17 mags in my Gen4 G19. Really like the feel and they don't add much bulk. Problem is that the slight contact from my lower/rear palm prevents the mag from dropping freely.

Yeah, I can get around it by stripping, contorting the hand or making changes to the reload mechanics. However, changing the procedure I have used on all my pistols for fifty years for one specific issue made no sense. Reluctantly, I went back to the 15 rounders. Two extra rounds isn't a big deal, but I preferred the feel of the X-Grip to the base G19 as well as my G34. Win some...lose some.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
These mags have their place. Yes, they are a bit large to carry all the time in the gun itself but, as a backup magazine they are great. If you found yourself in a pickle, the extra rounds are nice and when reduced to gross motor skills under stress, having a bit more to wrap your meat paws around and stay in the fight will be appreciated. You have the ability to turn a cute little daily CCW into a full fledge fighting gun, full size sights and all..just a short sight radius..that's up to you to do your part with practice.

Imagine yourself in a coffee shop, shorts, t shirt and flip flops.... don't need them. The normal 10/12 round mag in the gun is perfect. That iced Americano is just the ticket, during a few minutes of peace and quiet to enjoy the sound of the local air base freedom jets flying overhead. You can almost hear an eagle "caw".

You then go to pick up your child from school (armed - shoosh..what they don't know, they don't know..) and as you are there waiting, window down, listening to Skynard Simple Kind of Man, you hear a few gunshots, screaming and everyone starts pouring out of the building.... grabbing those freakishly large 15 rd mags in your go bag(fannypack is ok), from your center console or your tactical magpul CCW socks, will seem pretty damn comforting as you go get your game on!

That little pistol is capable of quite a lot. I'd hate to not be prepared if opportunity comes knocking.

Very well said.

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong, I love options and am extremely impressed with what Sig is doing with the P365 series,

But if I could just get a red dot sight on the original 365, these 15 rounders would allow me to finally become Napoleon Solo.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Question for those that actually bought the 15-rounder.

Does the mag drop free with an empty mag after slide-lock and pushing the mag catch/release? Or does it have to be stripped with the other hand?

Reason I ask is I have X-Grip adapters to use G17 mags in my Gen4 G19. Really like the feel and they don't add much bulk. Problem is that the slight contact from my lower/rear palm prevents the mag from dropping freely.

Yeah, I can get around it by stripping, contorting the hand or making changes to the reload mechanics. However, changing the procedure I have used on all my pistols for fifty years for one specific issue made no sense. Reluctantly, I went back to the 15 rounders. Two extra rounds isn't a big deal, but I preferred the feel of the X-Grip to the base G19 as well as my G34. Win some...lose some.

Yes - empty mag, slide locked back, no hand adjustment and my mag drops right out onto my big toe.

I will say the 15rd mags were a bitch to load full the first time. I stuffed 14 in there, almost lacerated my thumb and twisted my wrist trying #15... I let it sit for 24 hours and then managed to squeak in #15. Now it's no problem to stuff it full and surprisingly, even with all that, it seats and locks well into the gun.

I like them.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks for the info.

Also, hope your big toe is OK. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
... if I could just get a red dot sight on the original 365, these 15 rounders would allow me to finally become Napoleon Solo.

Galloway Precision posted about their services here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...260084744#6260084744

I love mine!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post