SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta PX4 Storm...anyone carry one???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta PX4 Storm...anyone carry one??? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
My local toy store has a sale on the Beretta PX4 Storm. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? What're they like?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I don't carry one but a buddy of mine does. Pretty soft shooter given the rotating barrel lock-up and he modified the slide mounted safety to decocker only w/o the need for a smith. I've shot it a few times at the range and my only gripe is the long, mushy DA pull. I generate a flier on paper as a result but thereafter the single action was superb; a very accurate handgun overall. I think carrying isn't too big an issue (at least the compact model) but the gun is fairly thick overall. Thickness in a lightweight gun I find benefits one's perception of less recoil/palm pressure and the PX4 follows this trend. One can also establish a fairly high grip, which also provides some benefit in that regard.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Compact Carry variant of a PX4 Storm, a gun spec'd and promoted by Ernest Langdon. It is a stupendous carry gun and, as far as I am concerned, is the best compact polymer carry gun on the market now, unless you must carry a striker. I would have preferred a more aggressive grip surface but that's about it. I have multiple other options available, including different Glocks, Grayguns p2000sk and P30, CZ Custom P-01, Compact 92G. All of them are sweet guns in their own rights. They all are either imprisoned in my safe or listed in different classifieds.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little puzzled by the PX4 Storm. I have honestly never seen one in a gun shop that wasn't in the used case. Never a good sign.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Carried the PX4 Storm subcompact for a good while. Fantastic firearm. Highly accurate, great da/sa trigger, 13+1 in a small platform.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and rotate carrying it. I changed the decocker Levers, the trigger and trigger bar, and the trigger spring into a D xspring. It is accurate, fun to shoot, soft recoil and carries well in a Clinger IWB holster. I bought mine some time ago ani it is rhe PX4 Compact. I can recommend both th C and the full size 9mm.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
I have one and rotate carrying it. I changed the decocker Levers, the trigger and trigger bar, and the trigger spring into a D xspring. It is accurate, fun to shoot, soft recoil and carries well in a Clinger IWB holster. I bought mine some time ago ani it is rhe PX4 Compact. I can recommend both th C and the full size 9mm.

Exactly this for me as well. Compact version with these modifications is a great carry gun.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
I carry a Compact Carry variant of a PX4 Storm, a gun spec'd and promoted by Ernest Langdon. It is a stupendous carry gun and, as far as I am concerned, is the best compact polymer carry gun on the market now, unless you must carry a striker. I would have preferred a more aggressive grip surface but that's about it. I have multiple other options available, including different Glocks, Grayguns p2000sk and P30, CZ Custom P-01, Compact 92G. All of them are sweet guns in their own rights. They all are either imprisoned in my safe or listed in different classifieds.

I have one of Ernie's guns as well. It continues to impress me. It's the goofy little gun that could.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are a quality firearm. You can get other parts to convert the standard parts to be "low profile", so they don't widen the pistol as much but are still functional. Like others have said they are soft shooters.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
It is very good. Basic lockwork set up like a 92FS (will actually work with a 92 hammer), easily convertible to decock only (5 minutes, no parts required), light, good capacity. They are very reliable and pretty accurate.

For a plastic frame DA/SA auto, I like them much more that the P30, USP, sig pro, etc. The only thing that needs relpacement is the hammer spring (similar to using a D spring in a 92, you can use a 12# or 14# Wilson combat 92F hammer spring and knock the DA down quite a bit). Also, knocking the edge off of the top of the safety lever eliminates 90% of complaints about ergonomics.

The full size is identical in size to a G17 with the same capacity, compact is similar to a G19.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I carried the Compact 9mm for a while. It was great. As mentioned above, it is a soft shooter. It actually carries smaller than you would think. I strongly recommend it. The only reason I stopped was I got a P225 and an H&K P30sk which fit my needs a bit better. Still have a lot of love for the PX4 though.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironrider:
I'm a little puzzled by the PX4 Storm. I have honestly never seen one in a gun shop that wasn't in the used case. Never a good sign.

That really makes no sense and without valid data, makes even less.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Looking for a holster for my Px4 .45acp. for winter carry.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
Looking for a holster for my Px4 .45acp. for winter carry.

I use this holster for owb carry:

http://www.2aholster.com/kydex...ake-holster-choices/

Looks a little weird in the pictures but I really like how it fits.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I carried the Compact 9mm for a while. It was great. As mentioned above, it is a soft shooter. It actually carries smaller than you would think. I strongly recommend it. The only reason I stopped was I got a P225 and an H&K P30sk which fit my needs a bit better. Still have a lot of love for the PX4 though.

I agree with Highlander. I have the PX4 sub in both 9mm and .40. The 9mm is a soft shooter, and the .40 is the softest subcompact .40 polymer that I have ever shot. I think that it carries smaller than it is due to the rounded contours of the frame and slide. It serves its purpose very well.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post