SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Finger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Finger Login/Join 
posted
I recently obtained one of the newer models with the thumb safety. I find that as I near the end of a full magazine, I notice my trigger finger becoming sore. Years ago, I traded in a Glock 23 for the same problem and since that experience, avoid any pistol with a Glock-style trigger. It appears that with recoil, my finger slides to the bottom edge of the trigger which is sharp enough to irritate my finger with repeated contact. I am considering the flat trigger but both Sig and Grayguns show it "out of stock" so maybe I am not alone with this issue. So far, my 9mm Shield is much more comfortable to shoot and fits my hand better. Both seem very accurate. Anyone else have this problem with the Sig ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I recently obtained one of the newer models with the thumb safety. I find that as I near the end of a full magazine, I notice my trigger finger becoming sore.... It appears that with recoil, my finger slides to the bottom edge of the trigger which is sharp enough to irritate my finger with repeated contact.... Anyone else have this problem with the Sig ?

No such problem.
The only problem I have is, with sustained rapid firing, the little gun gets hot real quick. And, anything metal is very hot, including the trigger. But, this is not a real world issue, in terms of self defense. So, not going to lose sleep over it.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easily remedied. With all my Glocks, I do the following:

1) Protect the trigger guard with masking or painters tape.

2) Use some fine emery or sandpaper.

3) Smooth/reshape the offending tip area.

4) When finished, rub a lube into the area. I use Ultima Lube II. Blends in with the rest of the trigger.

The sharpness of the tip will vary from gun to gun. On some guns, the mold ridge on the trigger guard has to be slightly smoothed as well. Also, hand size, grip and adapters (if any) can contribute to the problem.

The tip of the finger is very sensitive. Doesn't take much to aggravate it.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't find any issues at all with shooting the P365, even after several hundred rounds at a time. I've put straight triggers in my P365's, which I like, but don't notice much, if any difference in how they shoot or feel.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've never had the issue you speak of with my 365, or any other handgun for that matter.

I've got 1600 rounds through mine over the last year plus and numerous range sessions that I fired a hundred rounds or more.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I had a shooter complain to me at the range that the trigger on his Sig P365 was making his finger very sore , after watching him grip and shoot his gun , I told him he was putting his trigger finger too close to the bottom of the trigger when fired, he made the adjustment and his finger felt better, some times a little adjustment in our grip as well as trigger placement can make a big difference..every gun I own has different characteristics, and I had to make adjustments to be comfortable with the gun...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently obtained one of the newer models with the thumb safety. I find that as I near the end of a full magazine, I notice my trigger finger becoming sore. Years ago, I traded in a Glock 23 for the same problem and since that experience, avoid any pistol with a Glock-style trigger. It appears that with recoil, my finger slides to the bottom edge of the trigger which is sharp enough to irritate my finger with repeated contact. I am considering the flat trigger but both Sig and Grayguns show it "out of stock" so maybe I am not alone with this issue. So far, my 9mm Shield is much more comfortable to shoot and fits my hand better. Both seem very accurate. Anyone else have this problem with the Sig ?

NK402,
Finally maybe you've got a hit.
After about 100 ? 150 rounds with my 365, I get a very small area of pain on the inside of the last joint of my trigger finger. (When I say inside I mean between trigger and middle finger.) No redness, and interestingly persists a couple days. Not a bother, but I figure I need to play around with trigger finger positioning. Let us know if a flat trigger helps -- I've wondered the same.
By the way, I have small hands.
Great little gun, ain't it? Smile
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Top Gun Supply has what you desire, and they’re a great company to work with:
GG Flat Trigger

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
quote:

Top Gun Supply has what you desire, and they’re a great company to work with:
GG Flat Trigger

Thanks, however, I note they want $10 more than MSRP.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Reading this I tried dry firing my P365 with my finger at the bottom of the trigger. I didn't notice any problems pulling the trigger but as my finger slid forward, rubbing along the inside of the trigger guard, there was some annoying pinching or biting or whatever.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells has Sig and GGI flat triggers in stock.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
Brownells has Sig and GGI flat triggers in stock.

Not that I can find nor does Midway.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had this exact problem with my P365. The gun was too small for my hands to get a solid grip purchase. I put a hogue handall jr grip sleeve on it, and it made it worlds better. Originally I couldn't get through 20 rounds without pretty severe pain. After I installed the grip sleeve, I could shoot a box of 100 with only minor irritation.

I think I got the grip sleeve for like $7 on Amazon...for that price it's worth a try. The 365 shoots like a Lazer...but not if you're flinching because it hurts every time you pull the trigger.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I had this exact problem with my P365. The gun was too small for my hands to get a solid grip purchase. I put a hogue handall jr grip sleeve on it, and it made it worlds better. Originally I couldn't get through 20 rounds without pretty severe pain. After I installed the grip sleeve, I could shoot a box of 100 with only minor irritation.

I think I got the grip sleeve for like $7 on Amazon...for that price it's worth a try. The 365 shoots like a Lazer...but not if you're flinching because it hurts every time you pull the trigger.

^^THIS^^ Had the same problem. The Hogue grip fixed it as well as reducing the perceived recoil.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Even better than the original sleeve...

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips.../beavertail/sig-p365

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the Hogue grip sleeve without much effect. Got my gunsmith to fit a Sig flat trigger. Fired it for the first time today. There was some improvement but not 100%.
I'm still getting a small pinch at the lower edge of the pad of my trigger finger. I tried trying to keep finger high on the trigger but didn't help . If I had to choose between the Sig and my 9mm Shield, it would be the Shield. Guess I'll just have to get it done in the first 8-9 rounds.

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Sorry you're having problems with your P365, the flat trigger is a great upgrade, it was for me, I wish I could give you the fix for your trigger finger, I have large hands, I'm 6'3" and 250#, maybe size plays into the problem, all I can say is I don't have any trigger pinch or pain with my trigger finger, also these little carry guns, are just that, they aren't as fun and comfortable to shoot in long shooting sessions as the bigger duty guns/full size carry or compact guns are double stack mags,, but for a concealed EDC the P 365 is pretty hard to beat, the Shield is a great gun to, love mine, but it isn't as accurate although very reliable, and doesn't come close to round capacity , I now have the new P365XL, , and it's fantastic, so don't give up on your p365, it serves the purpose it was made for, happy shooting pal...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Given the nature of this gun, if you can find an easy cure, fine. If not, just live with it.

This gun is a subcompact CCW piece. It needs to be shot enough that the shooter can shoot well with it, but it's not meant as a range toy, and any really small gun has shootability compromises.

Shoot this gun enough that you'll be good with it if you have to use it defensively, and get a bigger gun as a range toy for extended shooting sessions.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post