SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Adj. sights for GSR Rev. Sig 1911?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adj. sights for GSR Rev. Sig 1911? Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
I have one of the earlier SIG 1911s with the manhole cover on the slide for the series 80 parts.
VERY accurate and still VERY tight after all these years.
It came with Novak tritium sights, or I replaced the orginals with Novak night sights...not sure.

I would like to replace the now dead tritiums with a target style adj sight because I no longer carry 1911s.
My 1911s are just for range - match work. I want adjustable for bullseye targets, 6 o'clock hold like my Gold Cup.

Has anyone done this to their SIG GSR?
Does anyone know if there is a easy direct replacement from fixed to adjustable for Novak fixed sight dovetail? Some sights appear to need slide milling to the rear behind the dovetail.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I went with Champion brand adjustable rear sight, but it slid right in, the slide was already milled for Novaks.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Dawson makes an adjustable Novak.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put Champion on mine as well. As mentioned above they're for the novak cut. I can send a picture if you want to see them on it.

P.S. I used just a nylon punch.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

I searched for Champion adj sights and kept coming up with Kensight. Are they who carry them now?
The Dawson adj looks interesting too.
I need to make some phone calls.

cazio,
were you able to use your existing front sight or did you change it out also?
Pics would be great! My email is in my profile and you have an email inbound.
On Edit - You beat me to it...just opened my email and the pics are there. Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did keep my front sight and all is good.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post