SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 + Romeo1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 + Romeo1 Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Took a bit longer than expected to track one down after picking up the X5, but it's now on there and looking forward to trying it out -first time with owning a pistol+optic:

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! I have two, one with the romeo1 and one without. Great guns! EnjoySmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Congrats!! I have two, one with the romeo1 and one without. Great guns! EnjoySmile

Thanks, my eyes are on a bit of a downhill slide, hopefully this'll make the plunge a bit easier to take lol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ditched the Romeo1 for a Deltapoint Pro

Posts: 59 | Location: Fairfax, VA 5min to NRAHQ | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossgvr4:

How did you mount a Deltapoint on an X5?

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jejb:
quote:

How did you mount a Deltapoint on an X5?

This. Plus any particular reason for the change? I would maybe have preferred a 6 MOA dot myself, but the Romeo1 as my first venture into the RMR option won me over with it's plug and play ease of install - 3 MOA dot will do for now.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Couple hundred rounds though it including some IPSC fun and games and it held great. Bright sun but even the 3MOA dot was easy to see, no need even for full brightness - ran it on 3 just fine. Will def need to practice more though to fine tune playing with an RDS in competition instead of irons.

posted Hide Post
To mount a DPP directly to a P320 X-Five slide you have to extend the RMR footprint by 2mm towards the muzzle end of the slide. The mounting bolt pattern is the same. You will also need 6-48 X 9/16 screws to mount the DPP

Reasons why I made the switch:
• ejecting brass was nicking up the aluminum Romeo1 housing
• the DPP has a spring STEEL shroud to protect the chassis

• the Romeo1 rear sight notch is a damn joke
• the DPP has an optional adjustable rear iron sight which will do a lower 1/3 cowitness with a Dawson .400 fiber optic front sight

• the DPP battery cap is a better design. It is secured by a latch vs. the threaded Romeo1 cap

Posts: 59 | Location: Fairfax, VA 5min to NRAHQ | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Romeo 1 mounted on my P320. Now, I also have a
Shield RMS on a Shield. Having learned that the Shield RMS stays on constantly (Auto dims and such) and batter lasts two to three years.... I just leave my Romeo 1 on constantly too.
It shuts off and on depending on motion. At my bedside at night__stay off unless I grab it. I'm seeing how long the battery lasts compared to the Shield RMS. I think it'll last a long time. With either__I'll change batts in both yearly.
Both red dots are great. I feel my Shield RMS is a bit "greater".
Shield has now come out with the RMSc designed for pistols like the Shield and G43 (stated in their info) I've found the Shield RMS fits my Shield well enough.
In short, with the Romeo1 I see no need to be turning it off.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are some of the finest photos I've seen of a pistol.
By the way__is it single? Available? Hey! After looking at
this gorgeous pistol___ I'm proposing!

Stay Safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
These are some of the finest photos I've seen of a pistol.
By the way__is it single? Available? Hey! After looking at
this gorgeous pistol___ I'm proposing!

Stay Safe
Poli Viejo

LOL...she's a dirty girl and she's already taken Razz .

posted Hide Post
quote:
To mount a DPP directly to a P320 X-Five slide you have to extend the RMR footprint by 2mm towards the muzzle end of the slide. The mounting bolt pattern is the same. You will also need 6-48 X 9/16 screws to mount the DPP.

Thanks for the details. Doesn't it void the Sig warranty if you modify the slide? I was hoping this was a bolt on mod. It would sure be nice if the gun makers would agree on one footprint for these red dots.

I just got my X-five back from Sig. Threads that accept the Romeo mount screws were messed up on the one side. They replaced the slide and mounted the latest gen 5 Romeo on there. So far, so good with about 200 rounds through it. I sure love shooting it.

The Romeo on my EDC has been flawless so far. 6 months in with the original Duracell battery. Not sure if I'll replace at a year, or drive to failure. I'm kind of curious how long it'll go. I check it every day, so my risk is small going to failure.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jejb;
Let us know how long that battery lasts?
I'm leaving my Romeo on constantly. Since it
turns off and on relative motion I see no reason to turn it off.
It spends all night off when at bedside.
My Shield RMS red dot stays on constantly and is supposed to last 1 to 2 years.
I feel simply changing out the battery on both every twelve months?
Nice knowing just have to point and shoot___like
why I (and most cops) don't like a manual safety on our pistols.
The Romeo 1 red dots are nice. (My Shield RMS a wee bit nicer)
Stay safe
Poli Viejo