SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    State of the P220
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State of the P220 Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, it may help if you call them and ask what's available - not everything makes it onto the emailers or website, but they'll offer you a price if they've got what you're after.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My first handgun was a P220 in 45. W. German marked, proofed in 1995.

Great fucking pistol, I have parts to keep it going for a long long time, although it only sees the range 1-2 times per year on '45 days' along with the Colt 1911 and HK45C.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Who knows, If it werent for the 10mm being brought into the fold, they may have cancelled it already.

I was told a couple years ago that 10mm P220's were outselling .45's by a considerable margin.

Today's pistol consumer sees 9mm as the practical baseline, as the standard. Going for more power no longer means selecting one of the incremental options like 357SIG, .40 or .45. It's either 9, or its straight to 10.

The success of the 320 and 365 has been challenging for SIG. The old Classic Line models they replaced were highly profitable to manufacture relative to unit price, as all the hard work of production engineering and tooling were long since put paid. I see a future for certain Classic-derivative models here. It would be a shame to lose the entire iconic flagship line, particularly at a time when New Hampshire is capable of building a fundamentally superior product to Germany that we can afford. We'll be seeing something, I believe.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your insights, as always, Bruce.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Are LE agencies still buying/issuing new all metal SIGs? That market would keep the platform alive.

That wasn’t very common even 20 years ago when I started working for my agency and the mandated handgun was the P220. I don’t know for certain, but I would bet a nickel that it’s far less prevalent today.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
It would be a shame to lose the entire iconic flagship line, particularly at a time when New Hampshire is capable of building a fundamentally superior product to Germany that we can afford. We'll be seeing something, I believe.

That would be great. I hope SIG finds that the golden road to making the older models alive is to offer different options in some runs rather than merely hunkering down and settling for a steady stream of basic models, but just keeping the basic options available would be a fine thing.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post