Find
Notify
Tools

G45 thoughts Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
So a longer sight radius and a little more velocity aren't benefits? Okay, it's not much, but it's something.

I would love to see someone provide quantifiable accuracy increases between a G17 and G45 length slide. I just don't believe there is any practical accuracy gained by 0.5 longer barrel & slide. Sure, maybe Jones or Gray can prove it at 50 yards, but from 25 yards in, I don't think many will see any difference.

quote:
What's the advantage of the shorter length?
It doesn't dig into your vehicle seat while sitting.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:I've been wondering this since the 19X came out and proved popular. I never got it.

It recoils less / tracks better than a G17 since you have less reciprocating mass of the slide and better than a G19 because you have a better grip.

It's hard to see until you shoot it or accept the things I've mentioned above.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, I can buy this. Would probably need to shoot one against a 17 to really know.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
So a longer sight radius and a little more velocity aren't benefits? Okay, it's not much, but it's something.

I would love to see someone provide quantifiable accuracy increases between a G17 and G45 length slide. I just don't believe there is any practical accuracy gained by 0.5 longer barrel & slide. Sure, maybe Jones or Gray can prove it at 50 yards, but from 25 yards in, I don't think many will see any difference.

quote:
What's the advantage of the shorter length?
It doesn't dig into your vehicle seat while sitting.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:I've been wondering this since the 19X came out and proved popular. I never got it.

It recoils less / tracks better than a G17 since you have less reciprocating mass of the slide and better than a G19 because you have a better grip.

It's hard to see until you shoot it or accept the things I've mentioned above.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 19X and like the concept more than I thought I would. I think, not sure, the G45 allows the use of Gen5 mags ... but I have a lifetime supply of older G17 mags. The grip would be too small, for me, to even think about the hypothetical G44 with a 26 frame and 19 slide. I like the coyote or FDE, whatever Glock calls it, on the 19X much better than the front slide serrations on the G45. Finances permitting, I'd have both ... Frown

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post