SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Quick question about CZs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick question about CZs Login/Join 
posted
I do not have large hands, but am able to shoot the 10mm Glock with the shorter frame. I recall shooting a friend's CZ sometime back and recall having trouble reaching the trigger. Is this likely to be a problem with all CZ models?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I do not have large hands, but am able to shoot the 10mm Glock with the shorter frame. I recall shooting a friend's CZ sometime back and recall having trouble reaching the trigger. Is this likely to be a problem with all CZ models?

The DA/SA CZs all have a similar trigger reach. The OMEGA series triggers are SLIGHTLY shorter reach. I do believe there is a "short reach" trigger that you can buy aftermarket.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Cajun Gun Works makes a short reach trigger.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hands are also on the small side. Frown

A nice feature on the decocker models is the fact that after the decock leaver is engaged the hammer only drops down part way. Thus the trigger starts in the same place as when the hammer is fully down but after take up the wall is bit closer to the grip. With the thinner grip it makes for a nice DA pull, at least for me. And of course the the follow up SA length is even shorter.

Hope that makes sense ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motoboy,

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope that makes sense ?

Yep it does.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
CZ pistols do have a pretty long reach to the trigger when it is fully forward in double-action mode. Models with decockers have a shorter reach. Excuse the poor quality photos, but this is my personal P-01. Hammer fully forward:

Hammer decocked, as it would be on a loaded chamber:

Now note the hammer position, approximately at one-third cock. The trigger is still fully forward, but after you take up the slack, the actual DA pull starts from this point:

(That is not a normal shooting grip; I am holding it like this so as not to obscure the trigger.)

I find this to be just right. The P-07 (which I also have) works on the same principle but the decocking levers (plural because they are ambidextrous) are different. Cajun Gun Works offer a reach reduction kit. I have no experience with it, but CGW is a top-notch outfit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CZ 75B SA (Single Action only) trigger reach is a little shorter. Vz makes some slim grips which also help for small hands.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post