SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Range Report Login/Join 
posted
I put 500rds through my P365 today. The pistol has an Oct. 11 birthdate. Overall I had a great experience! I upgraded the grip to Grayguns grip module which made a big difference. The range master came over to check it out. He fired a few rounds and said he needed to order one! My dad said the same and will be ordering as well! I had 2 FTE and I’m not sure why. I was using federal 115gr fmj ammo. I also had a single Federal HST 147gr +P fail to fire. However the primer did put out a puff of smoke so I toss that up to a failure of the round and not the pistol. Looking forward to carrying this pistol! Waiting on further upgrades including Grayguns straight trigger and I’d also like to look into a mini red dot!

Posts: 23 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear of a good experience.
I have not had a chance to take mine out for a real test.
Let us know how things progress.

Have fun and be safe.

Lateck,

P220R-45-EQ, P226R-40, P229R-9-SCT, P239-357-SAS2B, P365-9-BXR3 plus some Ruger's.

Posts: 265 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome news!

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good report.

Posts: 6 | Location: Seattle area | Registered: November 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
Trying to remember when 2 FTE's and 1 FTF made for a great range experience with a new pistol.

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:
Trying to remember when 2 FTE's and 1 FTF made for a great range experience with a new pistol.

Sounds like the Para-Ordnance TacFour I used to own.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lol, my thoughts exactly. I guess it beats a dead trigger.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Out of 500 rounds?

I can remember.

Failure to fire could easily be an ammunition problem. That's why we practice clearance drills. Tap, rack, bang. It works.

Failure to extract? Several possibilities, but again, that's why we practice clearance drills.

At the last few steel shoots I've been to, I watched competitors with a LOT more skill than me, and a lot more invested in me, and a LOT more experience than me, and a lot more capability and knowledge than me, and with equipment that costs a lot more than mine and that's a lot more dedicated to blazing through a course of fire...have malfunctions.

I also watched them rapidly work through the problems, clear the malfunctions, and get back on target. Mechanical objects like firearms malfunction. Even with a perfect firearm, ammunition is introduced which may not be perfect.

Without knowing why the firearm malfunctioned (mechanical issue, grip, magazine, ammunition), I'd say someone who had a good experience at the range, despite a couple of failures to extract and a failure to fire...probably had...a good range experience.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Out of 500 rounds?

I can remember.

Failure to fire could easily be an ammunition problem. That's why we practice clearance drills. Tap, rack, bang. It works.

Failure to extract? Several possibilities, but again, that's why we practice clearance drills.

At the last few steel shoots I've been to, I watched competitors with a LOT more skill than me, and a lot more invested in me, and a LOT more experience than me, and a lot more capability and knowledge than me, and with equipment that costs a lot more than mine and that's a lot more dedicated to blazing through a course of fire...have malfunctions.

I also watched them rapidly work through the problems, clear the malfunctions, and get back on target. Mechanical objects like firearms malfunction. Even with a perfect firearm, ammunition is introduced which may not be perfect.

Without knowing why the firearm malfunctioned (mechanical issue, grip, magazine, ammunition), I'd say someone who had a good experience at the range, despite a couple of failures to extract and a failure to fire...probably had...a good range experience.

Ok. Whew.
Either way I've fired dozens of quality pistols 500 consecutive rounds with 0 malfunctions so if it's ok with you I still personally wouldn't consider it a great range session.

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Good deal, OP. Glad it's running well for you.

I just went over a 1k with my April '18. Great little carry gun.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post