SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P230 mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P230 mags? Login/Join 
posted
What happened to the mags that should have been with all the P230s C. A. I. imported?

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not for certain what you mean by "what happened to the mags" ?

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A whole bunch of surplus Swiss P230s were imported by C.A.I. sans mags. What happened to the mags?

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just a snide dig at C. A. I. here, but could they soon be offering P230 mags at a very exorbitant price?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my P230, SN#S117xxx at a local lgs. It had a ProMag with it that refused to lock the slide back. The lgs owner stated the gun originally came from CAI w/o a mag. He swapped the ProMag for an original P230SL mag. Further investigation found that CAI did indeed import some Swiss P230s without magazines. Now we're back to my original question: What happened to the mags? I recall some Swiss P6s being imported years ago. They came with mags. Why didn't the P230s come with mags?

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Sure seems silly to ship or sell a pistol with out at least one magazine.....

I bought my p230 used at a gun show about 20 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) I think it came with two mags I bought another magazine just after that and it cost me $50. They are still out there I'm sure... when I first got on this forum some one showed a picture of their p230/232 mags... he had about 12 or 15!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CAI currently shows numerous 'surplus' pistols for sale on their website w/o mags, including a bunch of CZ75s.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
P230 mags are at a premium. Promag mags are available for $25. But my opinion is they are junk. Original SIG or MecGar equivalents are on Fleabay for as much as $150.
Fo'get that.

I haven't found a solution to this problem, yet. But I keep looking, as I have two P230s to feed.

At one time, a very generous forum member Karma'd me three of them (SL variety), together with spare grips and stuff. I owe that member a free dinner of his choice.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine owns Robertson's Firearms. He's listed on gunsamerica.com. He is advertising 'modified Bersa mags' to fit the P230. I trust him 110%, but prefer the 'real deal'.