SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My First Nickel P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My First Nickel P220 Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
Ok, Ok, it’s not all nickel, just a two tone. But of all my P220s (10), I didn’t have any that were even partially nickel. Was at my local LGS and I saw this in their case. Looked it over closely and found it to be in excellent condition. Came in the original case with 4 magazines. Decided to take it ($550) and after stripping and cleaning it, I’m very pleased. Appears to have been shot little, just a faint smiley on the barrel. From the S/N and the date on the grips, it was made in 2000. The stock grips (as seen in the photo of the case) were way too slick for me, so I swapped them out for some G10 Piranha grips I had. Much, much better!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have two P220’s.....a blues and a two-tone like you have. The blued is my duty weapon and I use the two-tone for range, training and practice.

I have a lot of rounds through it, and I love the look of the two-tone.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What a grab! Congrats. I agree, those stock plastic grips are a minus on these P220s. Very slippery.

"First" nickel P220? So, when is second? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is very nice & for $550 you did well. Also, I really like the G10 grips on there, they make the pistol pop.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
All of that for $550? Sweet!

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great deal! Looks new. 10 P220s, LOL, I thought I had a bug.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a very nice find. I hope your's serves you as well as mine have served me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Well bought!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
A classic looking 220 is always a great buy. I love the 2-tones as well.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Nice. You are all set to go for Two-tone Tuesday!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...690067624#2690067624

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor23
posted Hide Post
I've got just one thing to say about that -
schweeeeeet!

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice catch at a great price. I had one that I think was just like it and actually sold it here years ago (to my regret). Does it have a solid or hollow guide rod? Mine was solid...they didn't make those very long. They were nice, just heavier.

And I agree that those grips at the time sucked. The P226 grips had the same texture for awhile. It's like they textured all the grip molds backwards and just went with it. For awhile, Hogue was taking those factory P220 grips and cutting a nice checkered pattern in them and then re-selling them for a small profit...I bought a pair way back, and they're quite improved.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP,

What is the color or pattern for those G10 grips you installed, I like it

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
Does it have a solid or hollow guide rod? Mine was solid...they didn't make those very long. They were nice, just heavier.

It has the solid guide rod.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchy1004:
OP,

What is the color or pattern for those G10 grips you installed, I like it

They're the Hogue G10 Piranha Black/Gray Grips

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post