SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New M17 - which optics will fit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New M17 - which optics will fit? Login/Join 
posted
I acquired a new M17 (civilian version). The military version comes ready to attach the Leupold RMR what optics will fit on the civilian version without machining?

Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldscoot:
I acquired a new M17 (civilian version). The military version comes ready to attach the Leupold RMR what optics will fit on the civilian version without machining?

Thanks.

Are you sure about that? I thought the gun was cut for the Leupold Delta Point Pro.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct - it was machined for the Leupold Delta Point Pro.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
There is is notice on Sig’s web site for that model.

*PLEASE NOTE*
The optic cut on the P320-M17 guns are cut per the MHS contract, thus are not compatible with the ROMEO 1 optic from SIG SAUER. New SIG Sauer Electro-Optics reflex sights which are compatible with all M17 pistol variations will be released in 2019.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
delta point pro and anything that mimics that (though you need the DPP irons to have backup sights).
Springer precision has an adapter plate for an RMR. Ordered one but have not seen it so no comment on quality of usability.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
DPP irons to have backup sights

Let me add to this thread...albeit a bit late.

I bought an M17 commemorative and hoped to put the DPP on it. The unit mounts fine but there is a hole in the back of the slide. Sig says that is the way it is...to which we had an exchange as I highly doubt the US Army would have a hold in the back of the slide where dirt, water and grim enter.

Any thoughts if back up irons or some plate would solve this?

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmsig:
[QUOTE]DPP irons to have backup sights

Let me add to this thread...albeit a bit late.

I bought an M17 commemorative and hoped to put the DPP on it. The unit mounts fine but there is a hole in the back of the slide. Sig says that is the way it is...to which we had an exchange as I highly doubt the US Army would have a hold in the back of the slide where dirt, water and grim enter.

Any thoughts if back up irons or some plate would solve this?

Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
You can also use a Springer or Bobro plate to mount an RMR.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe. I will explore if this works on the Commemorative version - as the slide seems to be cut differently.

posted Hide Post
The Springer plate opens up a lot of options.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Springer plate

Thanks OpticsGuy. While I made a decision to move forward with the DPP rear back up sights which will visually cover the hole (paired with a new Dawson front sight), if this isn't satisfactory, the Spring plate looks perfect. So, that is the more permanent solution - but I'd have to order another new front sight. Again, thanks for the ideas and help.

posted Hide Post
I have a Swampfox 3 MOA on mine and it is a nice combo.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Swampfox 3 MOA

I never heard of this brand so I took a quick look. In any case under the covers its an RMR footprint, so how did you attach it to an M17? Springer plate?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Springer RMR plate