SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 10mm Tacops Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 10mm Tacops Range Report Login/Join 
Picture of GTO
posted
It's my first 1911 and it feels great! The weather has not been very good, so I have not shot it yet. I read that there was a limited run on these. I will compare it to my Smith & Wesson 1006 the next time I go shooting. http://i289.photobucket.com/al.../20170205_164808.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GTO,

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I would love to get one of those to match my .45 tacops.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Range report with images required Wink

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Snowing and raining today. Maybe this weekend!

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post

The gun performed great for the first 72 rounds. Then it failed to return to battery. The problem was that there was brass build up in the barrel. I used a bore brush and solvent. And we're back in business. I'm curious to why the brass build up is occurring? Ammo used was Sig 180 gr and Hornady 200gr hp

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
That might be a chamber length issue. You might want to contact Sig and send them that picture.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
I will give Sig a call tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Here are the pics before and after pulling the brass out.

Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post

Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
I called Sig and talked to Bo. He believed there is nothing wrong with the gun. Clean it and lube it up good. I'm going to use another brand of ammo and keep an eye on it.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Hows the "fit and finish"? Solid and tight?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good man, sorry bout both the snow & razing. Besides, I'm jealous Wink
quote:
Originally posted by GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Snowing and raining today. Maybe this weekend!

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post