SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Sig P225-A1 (225A-9-BSS-CC)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Sig P225-A1 (225A-9-BSS-CC) Login/Join 
Picture of maximus2161
posted
So I wasnt sure what model SIG P225-A1 this is but found out thanks to quick help on here thats its the 225A-9-BSS-CC. I traded a Glock 19 to a fellow local member here for it. Sure the G19 obviously has twice the capacity but I have other guns that fill that role. Anyway it came with 4 mags and a IWB kydex holster, factory case and everything in it.

This is a pretty slick Sig. The night sights on it are the Sig Legion X-Ray sights that were swapped out with the Siglights. Apparently this gun wasn't shot much if at all. There is no wear on the barrel anywhere. The rails also have no signs of wear. It looks brand new. Its a really nice looking P225. The reset of the SRT trigger is amazingly short upon return. Its fantastic.

This model with the stripe, SIG logo on the top of the slide, and the black and gray G10 grips was something I wasnt sure about to be honest. I guess I am plain and used to all black guns. The G10 grips are really nice and I like the texture on it. I thought I would prefer the black G10 of the standard model but these are growing on me. Then the logo on the slide and the stripes are a nice touch as well. Like I said at first I didnt know if I would like this and I knew it didnt affect the 225. Now every time I grab it I cant help but admire the little bit of style added to it.

The original owner swapped out the sights for the Legion Xray sights and they work just fine. That seems to be the only change. I know the G10 grips arent the Hogue grips.I read someplace there were made by Spaulding or something. These grips have a beveled magwell and the grip texture is really good and not overly aggressive. This is a pretty sweet Sig.

So I wasnt sure what model SIG P225-A1 this is but found out thanks to quick help on here thats its the 225A-9-BSS-CC. I traded a Glock 19 for it. Sure the G19 obviously has twice the capacity but I have other guns that fill that role. Anyway it came with 4 mags and a IWB kydex holster, factory case and everything in it.

This is a pretty slick Sig. The night sights on it are the Sig Legion X-Ray sights that were swapped out with the Siglights. Apparently this gun wasn't shot much if at all. There is no wear on the barrel anywhere. The rails also have no signs of wear. It looks brand new. Its a really nice looking P225. The reset of the SRT trigger is amazingly short upon return. Its fantastic.

This model with the stripe, SIG logo on the top of the slide, and the black and gray G10 grips was something I wasnt sure about to be honest. I guess I am plain and used to all black guns. The G10 grips are really nice and I like the texture on it. I thought I would prefer the black G10 of the standard model but these are growing on me. Then the logo on the slide and the stripes are a nice touch as well. Like I said at first I didnt know if I would like this and I knew it didnt affect the 225. Now every time I grab it I cant help but admire the little bit of style added to it.

The original owner swapped out the sights for the Legion Xray sights and they work just fine. That seems to be the only change. I know the G10 grips arent the Hogue grips.I read someplace there were made by Spaulding or something. These grips have a beveled magwell and the grip texture is really good and not overly aggressive. This is a pretty sweet Sig.

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very nice. But, those are HUGE pics. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maximus2161
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Very nice. But, those are HUGE pics. Eek

yeah trying to fix that

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I also was on the fence as to wether or not I would like the white stripes and grips but they definitely grew on me. I really like the feel of the grip. Mine had a really good DA pull out of the box too. I prefer the A1 over the original.

Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You said you traded for a Glock 19......You got the better of the deal. I have a P225-a1 also and it is so much more refined that the 19 in every way. Yes the 19 has more capacity, but the Sig is plain classy.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. If you traded that straight up for a G19 you stole it. Love my 225A1's. Great gun, great trigger, if you don't get caught up in single stack hysteria it is a fantastic gun. I love single stack 9's, they fit my hand much better than metal double stacks and I shoot them accordingly better. Enjoy.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
This model with the stripe, SIG logo on the top of the slide, and the black and gray G10 grips was something I wasnt sure about to be honest.

That's generally how our customer base felt when we had both guns in at the same time. We never had many of either but our inventory of standard versions sold first before anyone decided to take a 'classic Carry'.

I'd like to bring some more P225-A1s back in but alas the malaise that gun sales are suffering through this year prevents that. Too many shopping with any eye on price and bargains rather on style and/or quality. When you get customers that give off obvious signs of having money yet are only willing to spend enough for a SCCY (and only on sale special at that), it's definitely a weak market.

Maybe next year. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the great write up.

I am trying to decide between a SIG P239 Gen 2 SAS and the SIG P225A-1.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus2161:
So I wasnt sure what model SIG P225-A1 this is but found out thanks to quick help on here thats its the 225A-9-BSS-CC. I traded a Glock 19 to a fellow local member here for it. Sure the G19 obviously has twice the capacity but I have other guns that fill that role. Anyway it came with 4 mags and a IWB kydex holster, factory case and everything in it.

So I wasnt sure what model SIG P225-A1 this is but found out thanks to quick help on here thats its the 225A-9-BSS-CC. I traded a Glock 19 for it. Sure the G19 obviously has twice the capacity but I have other guns that fill that role. Anyway it came with 4 mags and a IWB kydex holster, factory case and everything in it.

I've got the same gun, and couldn't agree more with you, plus it shoots great and is extremely accurate. Great carry gun.

Posts: 210 | Location: United States | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to change calibers the 239 is for you. If 1/2 inch shorter grip is important the 239 is for you. If those two items aren't, then get a 225a1. I liked it enough to get a spare. Great shooter. Hard to find someone who prefers 239 over this gun shot back to back. They are out there but rare.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, Classic model, no stripes. Great gun, not too large, not too small. Perfect.

Posts: 367 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a quick search online for magazines for the P225 A1 and only found some at SIG.

For the SIG P225 A1 owners, where do you get your magazines?

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Out of stock right now but Top Gun Supply is where I got mine. Sign up for the email reminder.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...ne-mag-225a-9-8.html

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
Did a quick search online for magazines for the P225 A1 and only found some at SIG.

For the SIG P225 A1 owners, where do you get your magazines?

When SIG does it's 20% off sales it's almost the same cost as TGS and you get free shipping at >$100 order. I bought mine there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent ... thank you for the TGS tip. Was thinking of a P239 but now it's the P225A1.

posted Hide Post
Yes, Top Gun Supply....

Posts: 367 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If you want to change calibers the 239 is for you. If 1/2 inch shorter grip is important the 239 is for you. If those two items aren't, then get a 225a1. I liked it enough to get a spare. Great shooter. Hard to find someone who prefers 239 over this gun shot back to back. They are out there but rare.

Have you or do you know of anyone that has compared the P225A1 to the P239 Gen 2 SAS? My thought is that they have to be pretty close.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Have you or do you know of anyone that has compared the P225A1 to the P239 Gen 2 SAS? My thought is that they have to be pretty close.

Close in what terms? The two guns handle very differently.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Close in what terms? The two guns handle very differently.

My question was to comparing a P225A1 v a P239 Gen2 SAS (not the base P239). On paper the don't appear to be all that different other than minor differences in size/dimensions. If they "handle very differently" that answers my question. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
My p239 with hogue g 10 checkered grips was my favorite edc and most accurate sig, but it felt top heavy, and my p225-A1 with the extra maybe 1/2 inch in the grip feels more balanced and to me shot groups are tighter(better trigger on the 225). I ended up selling my 239 to cabelas for 700 bucks with 4 mags and its still there a year and a half later for $845.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post