SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handgun Product Leads at Federal/Speer Discuss Ballistic Gel and Handgun Terminal Ballistics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun Product Leads at Federal/Speer Discuss Ballistic Gel and Handgun Terminal Ballistics Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

I enjoy Lucky Gunner's work and it's also a very interesting discussion from some of the project leads for both CCI-Speer and Federal Handgun Ammunition.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was very well done. Thanks for posting.

Seems like those guys might have just a tiny bit of insight into the subject. Smile

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Excellent video!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Well done, thank you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
He should have asked them what ammo they carried in their personal guns. Big Grin

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an excellent video.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very informative - thank you

Think of it as evolution in action

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. Great video!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
He should have asked them what ammo they carried in their personal guns. Big Grin

When they did a ballistics lab at my academy I asked.

All were gold dots, 124 gr +p 9mm, 135gr short barrel .38 spl, and 200gr +p 45 acp

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

When they did a ballistics lab at my academy I asked.

All were gold dots, 124 gr +p 9mm, 135gr short barrel .38 spl, and 200gr +p 45 acp

Thank you.
For some reason, Gold dots are hard to find locally. I picked up a couple boxes of them while I was out of town.
I've been using HST 147 grain on all of my 9mm guns for the past 4 years.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very enlightening; thanks for sharing that!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
"Don't get hung up on caliber".

^^^This^^^ should be required reading for internet users on gun forums.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fantastic video with great information! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Nice video! It validates what I have been thinking and saying for years.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I want to see if anyone else noticed this in the video.

Start watching at 4:40, focus on the wound cavity.

At 4:46 the cavity starts to collapse.

At 4:48 there is a yellow/orange flash in the collapsing cavity and the wound cavity expands again.

The cavity collapses again at 4:49 and separates into two smaller cavities.

At 4:50 there is a flash in each of the smaller cavities and they expand again before collapsing the final time

It almost looks like a compression ignition of the air in the cavity that causes gas expansion forcing the cavity to enlarge the second and third time.

Thoughts?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post