SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun Show find ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Show find ... Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
... but not sure if I can make this work to my benefit.

So, I went to a gun show today and I found a rather clean Sig P220 complete frame with rail and nice hardwood grips. NO SLIDE & BARREL.

The seller was asking $250.00. Not sure what the slide, barrel and miscellaneous small parts will set me back. And the kicker is I already have a pair of (1994) West German P 220's. I definitely don't need this guy, but my scheming mind is telling me I can make out OK.

Should I offer $200.00? I figure the grips are worth $75-100.00.

So ... what think the forum?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Unless the grips are Nill, I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d buy it and get a .22 kit and have dedicated rimfire .

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is or was a carry upper in the classifieds section a couple days ago. Could have a complete gun for ~$600.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Was this the Hauppague show?

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:

Yes, it was. It was on Doug's (782) table.

Are you a Long Islander? We might know each other, or know the same people.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
quote:

Yes, it was. It was on Doug's (782) table.

Are you a Long Islander? We might know each other, or know the same people.

I am, I’d say there is a likelyhood we do

=============
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
So ... I pretty much decided to let this frame pass me by. I just can't make the numbers work in my head.

Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
So ... I pretty much decided to let this frame pass me by. I just can't make the numbers work in my head.

I actually ended up with it lol. It’ll work for my application

=============
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I actually ended up with it lol. It’ll work for my application

Good for you. I hope it works out for you. It looked to be in rather nice shape. Like I said, I just couildn't make the $$$ work ot for me.