SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend OWB holster for a S&W 60-15.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend OWB holster for a S&W 60-15. Login/Join 
posted
I have a Smith and Wesson 60-15 that I purchased recently. It's used and came with a Kramer IWB holster. While it is a nice holster, I have never been a fan of IWB for a revolver. I've just never found it to be comfortable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent OWB holster? For wheelguns, I prefer leather, but am open to kydex.

Thanks

Posts: 377 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have holsters from both of these. They are very high quality & have served me well. It's the only two companies I'll use for leather holsters.

www.wrightleatherworks.com

www.tuckergunleather.com

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I regularly carry a 60-15 as well as a Model 63, both 3" bbl'd guns, using an OWB holster of my own design & make. It's an open top "Tom Threepersons" type, inspired by El Paso Saddlery's version of old Tom's design. With any El Paso Saddlery leather creation, you're getting top drawer workmanship, not cheap but outstanding construction. I have several that are over 35 years old now and as good as when new.

I carry in the 3-4 o'clock position and have no problems with concealment, nor access, and I fit mine tight enough that no keeper strap is necessary, tho as I recall, El Paso's are fitted with one.

Of the two depicted, I prefer the black one with its higher leather, partially protecting/obscuring the trigger when the gun is fully holstered.

Best Regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just have the plain old Model 60 but one of my holsters for it , Galco FL 120, has been great. Some folks may not like the retention strap but I needed it back in the day. In any case, it's a solid choice if they make one for the 60-15...

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My career employer for many years issued DeSantis leather belt-worn holsters. They are very well made, and I continue to purchase them for my Sig
pistols (in about 1985, the U S Secret Service switched from S&W Model 19 revolvers to Sigs).
Can't recommend them enough!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies! That’s just the info I was looking for!

Posts: 377 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post