SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best pistol for under 300$
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best pistol for under 300$ Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
About a month ago I purchased my seventeenth Glock, a gen. 2 model 22, for $300.00. I made the 100 mile round trip to Glock, Inc. in Smyrna, GA and got the gun refurbished for free. Time and money well spent.

I didn't know they provided that service. What do they do? Can you provide some info? I have a G19 with upwards of 20,000 rounds through it with hardly any cleaning, except an occasional field strip and wipe down. It still works like a champ, but probably needs some TLC, i was about to replace the springs, etc. But I'll be near Smyrna soon and if they can give it a factory once over I might stop in.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W SD9VE

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Several web dealers have surplus 92S guns for $299.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't know they provided that service. What do they do? Can you provide some info? I have a G19 with upwards of 20,000 rounds through it with hardly any cleaning, except an occasional field strip and wipe down. It still works like a champ, but probably needs some TLC, i was about to replace the springs, etc. But I'll be near Smyrna soon and if they can give it a factory once over I might stop in.

A customer drives to Glock, Inc. with a Glock pistol and tells the guard you want your handgun serviced. Guard checks your drivers license, signs you in, gives you an ID badge, safety checks the pistol and installs a cable lock. The guard then directs you to the service department and phones ahead.

A service tech will meet you at the door, discuss what you would like done, and give you a time estimate to wait for the work to be completed. The pistol receives all current upgrades, worn parts are replaced, magazines are rebuilt or replaced, it is test fired.

To my knowledge slides and barrels do not get replaced for free but I have had G17 and G36 frames replaced for free. Night sights will run you about $60.00+, Glock brand of course. Steel sights around $20.00.

They used to swap out random magazines for you, not sure if that is still done. I got twelve mags swapped a few years ago.

Got these mags from a NC pawn shop in January 2012, for $10.00 each.

Glock swapped them out for these, no charge.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy almost all my guns used and carefully utilize gunbroker and find great deals. Here is a list of pistols I currently have or can at least recall owning that cell in the $300 and less category:
S&W model 422
Colt challenger
Beretta jaguar
Beretta 21a
S&W I frame 32
S&W victory model 38 S&W
S&W model 15’s ( one 4” one 2”)
S&W model ten 4”
Glock gen 2 19
Sistema 1911
S&W model 14 6”
S&W model 17-3 6”
Police trade in beretta 92f
With some searching and patience it can be done. I look for pistols that have cosmetic issues with good mechanicals

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest this also.

quote:
Originally posted by Davenator:
S&W SD9VE

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698734965

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698752481

Damn, I'm tempted!!!

ETA for those not wanting to go to GB, I suggest a Ruger P95 or P89 off the safe queen used market. Tough guns and easy to get mags online and Ruger will fix it for you.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Summit has CHP 4006 TSW for 389.00

not a 40.fan but that is a great deal on a great pistol.....3rd gen smiths are great, most of the 5906 deals have dried up but the 4006...used should = great trigger

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For under $300.00 you would hard pressed to beat a Walther Creed.

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: September 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698734965

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698752481

Damn, I'm tempted!!!

ETA for those not wanting to go to GB, I suggest a Ruger P95 or P89 off the safe queen used market. Tough guns and easy to get mags online and Ruger will fix it for you.

A brand spankin new Ruger 9E for $264 is hard to beat

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post