SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Bravo has landed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Bravo has landed Login/Join 
Picture of incogneato
posted
My long-awaited P320 M17 Bravo arrived today. When I opened the case, I was pleased a model-specific morale patch. Nice touch, Sig!

Fit and finish are excellent. Both slide/frame and barrel lock-up are as tight as my X-Carry; not even a hint of wiggle with either. Safety engagement/disengagement is nice and solid. The slide-mounted LCI is simple and functional. Grip texture is noticeably better than even my most recent grip modules. I hope this is indicative of an update, as I like not having to add grip tape to get enough traction.

Of course, before getting it dirty, I had to remove the FCU to see how it compared to the non- manual safety version. I knew these had a M17-xxxxxx serial number, but was surprised to see the commercial version also has some unique markings on the FCU. Rather than describe them, here’s a photo...

For the initial shakedown, I ran my standard 50 rounds of VCrown FMJ at 7 yards. Zero malfunctions of any kind and accuracy was outstanding, in spite of the fact that I struggle with SIGLITE sights in daylight (A Night Fision front should arrive next week). Trigger pull was a gritty 8.5-9 lbs... I'm sure this will smooth out over time, but I may drop a PELT 2 trigger in to drop the weight a bit.

Overall, I am quite pleased with it. Sure, for the most part, it's just a P320 with a manual safety, but there are subtle improvements that seem to bridge between the standard and "X" variants. I would like to have seen it leave the factory with XRAY3 sights, a 5-6# trigger, and accept the Romeo 1 sight, but those are easy enough to address on an otherwise excellent pistol. Now, I just need to add working the safety to my dry-fire practice; something I haven't done on a pistol since my 1911 days.

Obligatory pic, of course...

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thanks for posting the pictures.

If I were to pick up a M17 this is the route I would go. I'm just not a big fan of the FDE. To me the black looks much better, even though the FDE is more accurate as far as duplicating the military version of the M17.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Best looking 320 yet.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! Did not know SIG made the black M17. Looks much better than the vomit color. Razz

Q

Posts: 26207 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
Congratulations and thanks for posting the pictures.

If I were to pick up a M17 this is the route I would go. I'm just not a big fan of the FDE. To me the black looks much better, even though the FDE is more accurate as far as duplicating the military version of the M17.

I’m glad they released both, and impressed they’re churning them out as fast as they are. With all the Mil & LE contracts, I was expecting a 1-2 year drop in availability on anything Sig.

Interestingly, the Coyote is available through Sig’s LE/Mil Program, but since the Bravo is a Talo exclusive, it isn’t (understandable, but sort of funny since Coyote would look weird in black basketweave Razz).

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought the first Black M17 I saw and hand't even heard they existed. Goes along well with my black M9A3. Now I just need a black G19X. Just don't like tan guns...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Buying some of those for sure. That'd look perfect with a white light pulling truck or nightstand duty.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Bravo over the tan M17, much better IMO.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks great!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Bought the first Black M17 I saw and hand't even heard they existed. Goes along well with my black M9A3. Now I just need a black G19X. Just don't like tan guns...

I held off on the black M9A3, expecting it to be released with a 4.7” barrel, but wound up using those funds on a Langdon 92 Elite.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
OP
I like your Bravo, looks good in black.

I have the M17 Comm version only because it is as close to legit Issue as I can get for my collection.
But I am not a fan of coyote generally.

Good write up, thanks.

HK Ag

Posts: 3497 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
OP
I like your Bravo, looks good in black.

I have the M17 Comm version only because it is as close to legit Issue as I can get for my collection.
But I am not a fan of coyote generally.

Good write up, thanks.

HK Ag

Thanks. I've got a Coyote ordered; plan to paint the controls to make them blend a bit better.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Aw, c'mon - that "Snoopy" look is distinctive! Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ Aw, c'mon - that "Snoopy" look is distinctive! Razz

hmm... I hadn't thought of Snoopy. It makes me think of a cat having visited a sandbox. Eek