SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P 225-A
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P 225-A Login/Join 
posted
What is the story behind the black and silver G-10 grips and the silver strips with Sig logo on top of slide to my knowledge this is the P225A aside frome the P225 A-1 that is blacked out G-10 grips with Sig badge inlaid aside from the cosmetic differences they are identical in perfeormance what id like to know is what is the reason for this, is it a lower consumer price market? I got mine for a sweet deal at hundreds less than a A-1

Posts: 3 | Location: N/W Illinois | Registered: October 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What you have is the P225-A1 Classic Carry model. It is identical to other P225-A1s in mechanics and functions. The white racing stripes and the SIG logo on the top of the slide, and the G10 grips are simply cosmetics. The G10 grips are made by SCI, not by Hogue.

The Classic Carry was always $100 to $150 less than the other P225-A1s.

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No one knows why it is much cheaper than other variants.

In fact, all the Classic Carry models (P226 and P229) are cheaper than their brothers. Confused

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post