SIGforum
Sig Love-Hate Relationship

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2880069154

January 10, 2019, 11:35 AM
pulicords
Sig Love-Hate Relationship
Within the last week I acquired two Sig subcompacts. A P365 (born 12/18) and a P938 Legion. When I bought the P365, I marveled at the fact it was sooo compact, accurate, and held 10+1 with the standard magazine. Then my Legion 938 arrived! I've had a P938 for awhile and liked it, but the execution of the extras on the Legion just blow me away. Both pistols have very good triggers and both came with the Xray sights, which I find to be a close rival to the Trijicon HDs I've replaced most of my OEMs with.

Sig Sauer: I love you for these options, but hate you for putting me in such turmoil for having to pick one for EDC!!! Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
January 10, 2019, 11:43 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Sig Sauer: I love you for these options, but hate you for putting me in such turmoil for having to pick one for EDC!!! Frown

Nah, just rotate depending on your 'mood' and if the guns are 'lonely'. Wink
January 10, 2019, 11:44 AM
^^^ The Legion P938 looks like it has the SAS treatment?

Q

January 10, 2019, 11:49 AM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yes, it comes from the factory "melted" and has additional checkering of the frame where needed. Note too that this P938 has a metal trigger and its head and shoulders better than the standard polymer version. Not "light", but very smooth take up and an extremely clean break.

One negative feature is the fact that the Legion can't use standard P938 seven round magazines, due to the extended (metal) magazine well. One needs to order the magazines created just for this model. Since I find the grips of this pistol so comfortable, I can deal with the magazine issue.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
January 10, 2019, 12:43 PM
jimmy123x
The 938 just looks so damn sexy. That's the one I'd carry.

The 365 is too star wars looking for my tastes, but either should do the job if the time came!
January 10, 2019, 02:40 PM
94hokie
Based on the eye test alone, the clear winner is the 938.
January 10, 2019, 02:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yes, it comes from the factory "melted" and has additional checkering of the frame where needed. Note too that this P938 has a metal trigger and its head and shoulders better than the standard polymer version. Not "light", but very smooth take up and an extremely clean break.

One negative feature is the fact that the Legion can't use standard P938 seven round magazines, due to the extended (metal) magazine well. One needs to order the magazines created just for this model. Since I find the grips of this pistol so comfortable, I can deal with the magazine issue.

I'm sorry, but that is simply another screw up by SIG. WTH were they thinking? It's akin to making the P229 SAS that can't take the P229 mags, and you have to buy whole new mags just for the model. Roll Eyes

Q

January 10, 2019, 02:59 PM
GaryBF
quote:
I'm sorry, but that is simply another screw up by SIG. WTH were they thinking?

Ka-ching, Ka-ching. Capitalism at its best.
January 11, 2019, 08:32 AM
inspcalahan
That P938 has my attention. I don't even mind the magazine issue, mostly because I don't already own an older one. If I got it, I'd just buy a pile of the correct mags to go with it and be done.

Also, does the mag well come off? or is it permanently fixed on?
January 11, 2019, 09:40 AM
Depami
I'd be all over that 938 ..... if it were 10 round DA/SA.
In the meantime, the P365 will have to do ..... as backup to my PX4-CC.
January 12, 2019, 10:10 PM
burnetma
Great! I thought I read the P938 came with standard night sights, not the X-ray. Now I need to buy one....
January 13, 2019, 09:33 AM
Rocco
That's a great picture of the two models together because it allows for a good comparison. Beautiful 938 but the 365 really stands out for its capacity. Thanks. I need to buy one now!
January 13, 2019, 10:36 AM
EasyFire
Pulicords is correct. I own both the 938 & the 365. Each day it is a difficult decision to decide which to carry.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI
January 13, 2019, 10:47 AM
vthoky
Thank you for the pic, pulicords!

Looks like my P938SAS is going to have some competition when my P365 finally gets here....

God bless America.
January 14, 2019, 11:38 AM
pulicords
Sorry to add to the confusion/controversy, but here's the results of my firing 50 rounds from my P938 Legion (center target) and 50 rounds from the P365 (lower right target) at 30 feet. They are both capable of good accuracy, but I'm actually starting to lean towards the P365's trigger. I'm kind of surprised, since I've always preferred SAO triggers and hammer/firing pin combinations to striker fired pistols.

January 14, 2019, 11:43 AM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Great! I thought I read the P938 came with standard night sights, not the X-ray. Now I need to buy one....

Most P938s come with standard night sights, but the Legion version is the exception. I suppose you could buy the Xray sights from Sig as an option, but you could just as easily buy some Trijicon HDs and replace the standard Sig sights as I did with my "Rosewood" edition several years ago.

January 14, 2019, 11:53 AM
dehughes
I may be mistaken, but doesn't the 365 have essentially a single-action trigger? I took a peek at my co-worker's 365 and it looked as though the trigger just releases the striker without pulling it further to the rear as in the typical Glock-style mechanism.

January 16, 2019, 08:28 PM
scoutrifleman
Regarding the magazine issue with the Legion, it seems to me it should be possible to use the standard 7 round P938 magazines after removing the plastic grip extension from the base of the magazine. Any reason why that wouldn’t work?

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)
January 16, 2019, 10:53 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
I may be mistaken, but doesn't the 365 have essentially a single-action trigger? I took a peek at my co-worker's 365 and it looked as though the trigger just releases the striker without pulling it further to the rear as in the typical Glock-style mechanism.

Yes, it's single action. The trigger only serves to release the striker.
January 17, 2019, 12:39 AM
soggy_spinout
I like the bottom one.

Haven't handled the 938 Legion yet, but we do have a couple inbound. I have handled the 238 version. I think SIG is taking this whole 'Legion' marketing ploy to utter silliness. I might understand a MCX or M400 in this family theme. Maybe. But then this IS the company that thinks rainbows make for a compelling theme to design around.