SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new here,got some p229 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new here,got some p229 questions Login/Join 
posted
hey guys and girls,nice site,and hello from the commie state of calif.. got me a p229 40-357 and yes the calif model with the lci and i want to mill the slide for a rmr has anybody done this talked to l&m he said he would mill it but because of the lci i was wondering if it would look bad Like a gap where the lci is ,being it would have to be removed ... anybody have pic's of this
I did buy a exchange kit 9mm with the romeo 1 love it, but I'm thinking i want one slide 3 barrels ,get me a bor-sto 9mm barrel ,mill the slide for a trijicon rmr ,suppressor sights
or just keep the romeo1, sights, sell the cut 9mm slide-barrel to cover some of the cost, and just put the romeo1 and sights on my enhanced elite,also what do u think i could sell the cut-milled 9mm slide and barrel for 250-? , i don't shoot lots but bad eyes up close keep me from seeing my sights so red dot is my only way to shoot without glasses ,LOL sucks getting old need glasses to see the sights then can't see the target at 25 yards or see the target and not see the sights.
also think the romeo1 will be fine over trijicon i don't really need the better rmr but like having the best stuff i will be carrying this when out of calif...for every day carry just wondering if the romeo1 is worth keeping over the trijicon
i know i just spent 500 on the exchange kit with romeo but but figured i could sell it if i wanted to , nice sight just want it to last ,any thoughts.....
i do have the bar-sto 357 barrel love that round ... 9mm for plinking on the cheap ,and something for the wife to shoot ,357 for me ,40sw just because ,
i tried looking for a 40 slide but without the lci can't seem to fine one ,but then having 3 slides or "two slides would never use the lci slide but to resell in calif" - on one frame worried about wear on the slide .... maybe best to just have one slide ...dont plan on selling this pistol
so mill the lci slide or not ?
keep the remeo1 or not ?
how much u think the cut romeo slide,barrel worth ?
trijicon worth twice the romeo cost -? could sell the romeo1-exchange kit for almost as much as type2 rmr ,the buy bor-sto,and mill cost and sights be about 700 into it ...

LOL not used to not knowing what i want sound like a 13y/o girl LOL

Clint

"The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

Posts: 11 | Location: san diego | Registered: October 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have many plans for your P229 in the near future.

While I can't speculate on pricing for items in Kalifornia or the LCI compatibility, I can provide input on similar ideas. The 3 barrels & one slide works great. I have this myself and the simplicity of it makes it worthwhile. I sell all of the parts that I don't use to significantly cut down on cost.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Someone went to the International Bendable School of Internet Writing. Graduated top of the class.

======
Welcome to the forum. Gave up on understanding your post, hope you enjoy your 229, one of my favorites.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
- Get a pin punch set and punch out the rollpin that holds the LCI in. That will solve your problems.Just remember that with the LCI removed the barrel will have an open channel in the top so make sure to check it every so often for obstructions.

-When you put the new slide on you will have to remove the mag disconnect. It's a SMALL pin that goes one way into the Locking Insert. Push that one out as well because you can't use the caliber exchange kits with the CA MD or LCI.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Someone went to the International Bendable School of Internet Writing. Graduated top of the class.

======
Welcome to the forum. Gave up on understanding your post, hope you enjoy your 229, one of my favorites.

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8855 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

======

guess we're not as perfect as u

Clint

"The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

Posts: 11 | Location: san diego | Registered: October 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i got the 9mm romeo1 exchange kit and didn't remove anything and it works great.so far i do plan on removing both anyways but works great "mag disconnect" no lci on the slide on the romeo1 kit..
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
- Get a pin punch set and punch out the rollpin that holds the LCI in. That will solve your problems.Just remember that with the LCI removed the barrel will have an open channel in the top so make sure to check it every so often for obstructions.

-When you put the new slide on you will have to remove the mag disconnect. It's a SMALL pin that goes one way into the Locking Insert. Push that one out as well because you can't use the caliber exchange kits with the CA MD or LCI.

Clint

posted Hide Post
If you get your LCI slide milled for an optic, you will no longer have a working LCI.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironarmknives:
quote:

======

Sorry man, didn't mean to piss you off, it's just some light hearted ribbing.

In all seriousness though it it very hard to read, try breaking up thoughts and questions a little bit, you'll get better responses.

Once again, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around long enough to understand the joke.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ironarmknives:
quote:

======

Sorry man, didn't mean to piss you off, it's just some light hearted ribbing.

In all seriousness though it it very hard to read, try breaking up thoughts and questions a little bit, you'll get better responses.

Once again, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around long enough to understand the joke.

ya hit a sore spot ,been working on learning to read and write again ,ex-combat medic,zigged when i should of zagged ,in south america, after i got home had to learn lots of stuff again ,writing has been the hardest them words just don't flow like they should,i don't talk to people much so just me talking to complete strangers is a big step . i read more than talk ,"write" if i break my thoughts up i forget them ,hell sometime i forget anyways HA HA LOL , and i'm not pissed just don't like teachers to much get tired of people telling how some times it gets old ....but lifes good i'm on this side of the dirt got a cool wife ,good kid,get to shoot,fish,metal detect, work, all good ... not pissed

Clint

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 72Bruins:
If you get your LCI slide milled for an optic, you will no longer have a working LCI.

LOL thats the point !!!!
thinking just getting a new slide , keep the lci slide just incase i sell it in calif. i'm hoping not to be in calif. in a year or so ,going to Wyoming, as soon as the kid gets her first "CSI" job the wife and i are going to stop working and live some ,i don't mined milling the lci slide, just think the gap might bug me to much its the little stuff LOL it just adds 200 to the cost of what i want .. don't plan on selling it i do like it ....

Clint

posted Hide Post
Last week I purchased a P229 .40 Elite exchange kit from a seller in GB for the purpose of having it milled. But the seller failed to mention that it was an LCI kit. We settled on a partial refund. But I won’t be having this LCI slide milled, I just think the LCI cuts might compromise the strength of the slide. Will be selling it to fund another slide for the purpose of milling. Hopefully an Elite, as I like the idea of front serrations on a slide with an MRD optic.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought a new slide today new style,and a 40 to 9 bar-sto barrel, so now its time to sell the new romeo1 kit "slide barrel romeo red dot etc.."
and wait 2 months to get my slide back from being milled i'm hoping black friday i can pick up a trijicon rmr type 2 on the cheap .

Clint