SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt King Cobra Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt King Cobra Target Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted
Glad to see that Colt is expanding their revolver lineup to include adjustable sights.

King Cobra Target

I’d like to see more in the way of barrel length, would have preferred a 5” and maybe one in .44

Hope this isn’t a double post, I did search.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I still wonder what this will do to the value of my “original” 6” King Cobra...
Oh, and for .44 they will probably resurrect the Anaconda series.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I too have a6” King Cobra, from late 80’s.
I don’t see it diminishing those values, too many differences.

I did like the action of the new series and look forward to further developments.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Colt is trying to keep the price down. Problem is with some of the recent new wheel guns they’ve released is quality. Focus on the quality & the sales will come!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or does that trigger guard shape look very wrong? It looks like someone dropped it.

I guess I haven't looked at the new Colt wheelguns that much.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Is it just me, or does that trigger guard shape look very wrong? It looks like someone dropped it.

I guess I haven't looked at the new Colt wheelguns that much.

It's not just you. It looks abnormal. But, maybe that's designed on purpose, to visually distinguish it from the real deal.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Tempting. Too bad they don’t offer the classic Colt blue.
Anyone checkout the trigger yet? $1000 buck. Shouldn’t
need any work

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interestinger and interestinger.

That trigger guard does seem to be Colt's new stylistic cue - it's the same on the other Cobras of the same generation.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on real world availability date?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it would cost more but it's too bad they don't do the ventilated rib barrel like on the older models. The grips just don't look right but that could easily be corrected. Glad to see them making more options.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the fit and finish of the Cobras I've handled, I'd pass. But I will try to keep an open mind.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Seems like I heard the barrel is mim on the new ones!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Huh?

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

There's good mim and bad mim. Colt has for years used a mim sear in their government pistols. They are quite well regarded by many pistol smiths. My Colt Super has about 10,000 rounds with no ill effect.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I still wonder what this will do to the value of my “original” 6” King Cobra...
Oh, and for .44 they will probably resurrect the Anaconda series.

Make the origionals go up in value as it brings more awareness to the model, like it has with S+W's new offerings of old classics.

The website shows it as out of stock.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am happy just to see Colt expanding their wheel gun line.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see these new models don’t sport the Hillary hole.

Unlike S&W who buckled under the pressure.

"Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness"

Posts: 99 | Location: IL | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, with the exception of the bent trigger guard, that's a good lookin' Colt. Not a clunky, Charter Arms lookalike. And at 36 oz. it makes holster carry without both belt and suspenders a possibility. But as 12131 so eloquently put it, referencing the flattened guard:
quote:
maybe it's designed on purpose, to visually distinguish it from the real deal.
Too, I wonder if it's cursed with Colt's abominable, stacked DA pull, or...dare I propose it...smooth as a S&W. YMMv, probably should...Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Friend
posted Hide Post
The v spring system on the new Cobra series are the best double action triggers on revolvers today, in my opinion.

Posts: 76 | Registered: March 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webley455:
The v spring system on the new Cobra series are the best double action triggers on revolvers today, in my opinion.

Agreed! My Night Cobra has an excellent trigger pull. It is better than the trigger pull on my S&W 327 Performance Center Revolver, and the trigger on the S&W is pretty good.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post