SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock trigger questions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock trigger questions? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have a G19 that my has a typical crappy Glock trigger. My girlfriend has been shooting it and had come to like it more than her M&P shield. I want to lighten and smooth out the trigger. I don’t want a hair trigger just smoother and not catchy.

Thanks
Ed

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I've installed the Glock OEM "-" or "Minus" connector in all mine and its really helped lighten the pull by just a few pounds.
Mine are used for CCarry so they still need to be safe.
My Glocks are all Gen 2, 2.5 & 3 and my response was for those generation Glocks. I've never owned Gen 4 or 5 Glocks to know what's best for them.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Lots of good aftermarket triggers out there if you don’t mind spending the cash. My favorites are Travis Haley Skimmer, Apex and Overwatch.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I don’t want it to light but this is probably the worst trigger of any glock I own.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I've come to realize "that crappy Glock trigger" is not a detriment to shooting. There are many things about a Glock that seem like they should be wrong and cause them not to be easy to shoot. The grip angle, the trigger are the two that I have in the past thought as such but it's just not true. I was just out this afternoon, shooting at a 10in gong at 50 yards with my P226 and a couple of my Glocks. I WANT to shoot my P226 better, it has a better trigger, what I think are better sights but the sorry fact of the matter is I shoot my Glocks better. I went ten for ten standing off-hand with my GLock 21 (Ameriglo Hackthorn sights). The best I could do with my P226 (standard bar/dot sights) was 4 out of 5.

I think you will find that you're better off just buying ammo and letting your girlfriend just shoot more. That will do more good than a different trigger.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
One of the best is also the most affordable in my opinion. The Suarez Tactical straight trigger is great for $59.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Try either a Ghost Edge or Glock "-" connector. The Ghost will lighten the pull a tad more than then "-" connector but it depends on the condition of your gun's internal FCG parts. If you haven't done it, lightly hand buff the trigger parts that rub using a bit of Flitz on a Q-Tip. Not quite a full .25 trigger job, just hit the top edge of the cruciform, the top edge of the trigger bar where it contacts the FPS button and the top end of the connector. No need to do anything to the Ghost connector if you go that direction as it's already polished.

I wouldn't suggest any spring changes unless this will be a range only gun as that can not only affect trigger pull, but also reliability.

You should be able to get the trigger down to about 5 lbs, maybe a little less, with smooth take-up and clean break using the above methods. Additional shooting and dry fire will also contribute to a better trigger.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
AS noted, polish the innards and install a minus "-" connector. Smooths out the glitchy feel and drops the pull weight.
If you want to experiment with a different *feel* to the trigger for only a couple bucks, a minus connector and a NY1 Trigger Spring gives a more 'DA revolver like' feel to a Glock. The "wall" just before striker release doesn't seem as pronounced with this combo.
Without the minus connector, the NY1 spring will just make the trigger pull harder. With the minus connector though it feels much different.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I think I am going to try one of those connectors and some polishing. Does anybody have a favorite website or video they like watch as a guide to doing this?

YAT-YAS

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just don’t over polish. Especially the tab on the striker. I personally wouldn’t polish it at all. It’s a very fine line between foot trigger and full auto. Too much polishing will cause the gun to double or even triple tap as you ride the trigger back to reset on recoil. I have learned that a good trigger, connector, and spring kit without polishing gets u as nice a trigger pull. Just keep your striker spring above 4 lbs and you shouldn’t have any lite strike issues. I personally have 4.5 lb wolf springs in most of my guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Maybe there are better ones but I thought this one was well done and got me through the process easily.
https://youtu.be/0XJxltxvAo4

At 1 min. in, he shows the link to detail stripping.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
OEM “-“ connector and a competition/heavy trigger spring is what you seek. I’ve tried lots of combinations and that’s what is in all of my pistols.

Go to the FULL SITE and look at free tech tips ...

http://www.glockmeister.com/Ev...onofTriggerPulls.asp

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I run the Overwatch DAT NP3 coated with the OEM minus connector from Overwatch (also NP3 coated) in my range toy custom G17.

They don’t defeat the drop safety, like many of the other triggers do. Read up on that.

For working guns, 100% stock. The stock Glock trigger is excellent for defensive applications. Train, and train some more.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I find the Glock triggers to be excellent, and here is why. Most of my Glocks have that gritty feeling trigger, but what I learned by accident is that is a bonus. If you close your eyes and gently squeeze the trigger (dry fire) and count the grits, you will find that the trigger breaks in the same place every time. Dry fire enough and eventually it will become muscle memory and you will know exactly when that trigger is going to break every time. I shoot my Glocks better than any of my other handguns.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ghost connector, Zev springs work well for me. Costs about $45-50

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just get the Glock “-“ connector, polish the connector/safety plunger/trigger bar with Mother’s or Flitz and Dremel (light touch as you’re not trying to take metal off), and a smooth faced Glock 17 trigger (I sand down the safety notch to be flush). Done for about $25 and completely stock.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
I have a G19 that my has a typical crappy Glock trigger. My girlfriend has been shooting it and had come to like it more than her M&P shield. I want to lighten and smooth out the trigger. I don’t want a hair trigger just smoother and not catchy.

Thanks
Ed

A polishing session on the trigger internals with a tube or bottle of Flitz, patches and Q-tips. If you're still not happy with the results then a factory minus connector is changed in. A Gen3 smooth faced bow trigger bar (no dimple) is optional; it depends on how much you or your GF dislikes the so-called 'target' serrated trigger bar of a stock G19. I normally DON'T change springs; fastest way to make a Glock trigger action relatively unsafe, unreliable or both.

I've toyed around with different strikers and safety plungers in the past; to me such revisions are a waste of time and money that don't offer anything tangible beyond a placebo effect. Any changes, if even perceptible, are minimal at best. You can spend hundreds on changing out trigger parts and truth be told, you'll wind up with a nicer action. Compared to other guns it's still very much in the 'meh' range, only a bit sweeter than before. Whether there's any 'bitter' to go with that will depend upon you believing that the effort is worth the expense and time. That last part I can't answer for you.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
What is a Gloc(-) trigger is that the 5lb disconnetor? Is there a part number or link for it?

Thanks
Ed

YAT-YAS

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
What is a Gloc(-) trigger is that the 5lb disconnetor? Is there a part number or link for it?

Thanks
Ed

Here you are.

http://glockparts.com/Glock%20...it-6648.aspx?CAT=705

Plus they are having a 15% off sale, code thanksgiving2017

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Replace the trigger assembly with a new OEM one. You’d be surprised how often this works on the ones with crap triggers. About $12

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post