SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 12-round magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 12-round magazines Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
My P365 has arrived! Born date is May 21st, picked it up from my FFL on May 30th.

I got two 12-round extended magazines and they’re both pretty tight—-they’ll only hold 11 rounds and the 12th round jist won’t quite go in.

What’s everybody’s experience with this? I’m assuming that once I put several magazines through the gun at the range, the springs will start letting the 12th round in, but I wanted to see what everyone else is seeing.

Thanks!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I usually load them with as many as they'll take using a maglula, if they come up short so be it. Let them sit over night.

Next day unload them, load them again, cycle them a few times. Usually after a couple iterations they loosen up. But yeah, shooting them accomplishes the same thing.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I usually load them with as many as they'll take using a maglula, if they come up short so be it. Let them sit over night.

Next day unload them, load them again, cycle them a few times. Usually after a couple iterations they loosen up. But yeah, shooting them accomplishes the same thing.

This ^

Except I will take them apart first, clean them well and load them. I generally will load two rounds and firmly bang the bottom of the mag on my palm letting the rounds set.

I have some crap aluminum cased ammo that I use for this. I will leave them fully loaded for a few days. This always seems to work fine. I can now load 12 by hand with no issues now.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Number 12 was a little tough at first but easier as time goes on. No problems overall.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I never had any issues loading the 12 rd mags.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My 12 rd magazine was initially a bear to load all 12 rounds. It doesn't help that the P365 magazines are so small to hold onto. I finally invested in a MAGLULA loader making it much easier.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loaded them by hand, 12 rounds, no problem.

I also cycled them through the pistol repeatedly at the range. No issues at all.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get 12 rounds in no problem,

But

When I carry I only load 11 in the spare mag

With 12 in the mag and the slide forward it really takes an effort to seat the mag.

I would rather be a round short than not get the mag seated all the way when or if it is needed

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
For the most part, all of my twelve rounders were loaded fairly easily. Sometimes, the last round was a little tough to get in, but with a bit more effort and resting it on the shooting bench, I could get it topped off.

The ten rounders seemed to be a bit more of a pain in the rump to fully load than the twelves.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post