SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on Shield 45ACP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Shield 45ACP Login/Join 
posted
I have been eyeballing this particular handgun for a little while. Seems the reviews are pretty positive.

Anyone here with first hand knowledge of the S&W Shield 45 and could share some info? It will be appreciated.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about three months. I like it. I've put around 500 rounds through mine. Just shot it tonight. This is 50 rounds at 7 yards, one handed, with my left hand (I'm right handed).

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had one for a couple of years.
I like it and recommend it. Mine has been trouble free and easy to use.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had my 45 for about two years. It is very accurate and easy to shoot well.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Bottom line =can’t go wrong.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Great gun. Shoots soft. The grip can be an issue for carry, it would snag my shirt and expose the gun. Grip tape or grip sleeve will help.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I bought mine when they had the rebate. I have put about a hundred rounds through mine. No complaints other than the abrasive grip(I have girly hands). Just pulled it out of the safe last night to start carrying it. I currently carry the Shield 9.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am another happy owner. I bought one in August when they had a rebate. I have a 9mm Shield that I love, and I don't really like the .45 ACP round because I prefer cheap ammo.

But for the price, I just had to order a Shield in .45 ACP. I like it even better than the 9mm version. The grip feels better. It has been totally reliable, and I shoot it well.

One advantage is that Shield magazines are reasonably priced, at just over $23 each.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timbermart:
I have had one for a couple of years.
I like it and recommend it. Mine has been trouble free and easy to use.

The Shield 45 has only been out for a year. As it is, I just purchased a 45 Shield, hopefully it fully meets my expectations.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, and CCW it regularly. I found mine to be reliable, accurate and a very friendly carry. I may even buy another one just to keep the one I have company!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!!!

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I bought mine this summer and have shot it quite a bit and it's been perfect. I don't like the hinged trigger but that's all personal preference. I changed mine out to the Apex duty carry kit and trigger.

Recoil isn't bad at all, I'd say it's easier to shoot than the Glock 43 9mm I had before. This was important to me since my hands are weakened from carpal tunnel issues I've had for a long time. It's a handful compared to full sized pistol obviously but it's manageable.

It carries nice and 7+1 is impressive for a .45 of its size.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Love mine!

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Wonderful sub compact .45 ACP. I had a XDs and the Shield is far better.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Mine. Highly recommended.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the 45 but I’m impressed with the 9mm. I recently bought one off of a friend who messed his up trying to do some custom work to the frame. I undid his F-up and added a Hyve Monarch trigger which keeps the weight the same but eliminates the pre travel. I was impressed with the first outting at the range today. This was my first mag at 10 yards unsupported

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
Love mine! Easy to carry, never a bobble and is way more accurate than it ought to be. Zero complaints. Several hundred rounds through it so far.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post