SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith and Wesson 3913/3953. Anyone have one
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith and Wesson 3913/3953. Anyone have one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes they are old and no warranty. They are also great guns. The only mod I do is slide over rear sight and remove the idiotic magazine safety. I’m not sure about those claims of inaccuracy. They can go toe to toe with every glock I own. If you like DA/SA these are great pickups.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father has owned one for over a decade. It shoots well, isn't too heavy and is reliable. It doesn't get shot much anymore, an M&Pc replaced it.

It's a good pistol, the hard plastic grips leave a little to be desired but you used to be able to hogues to replace them or you could get one of those grip wraps.

I've noticed the 3913 has a cult following of sorts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have a 3914LS and a 3953TSW. The 3953 is one of the new ones that hit the market a few years ago. I absolutely love them both. Matter of fact I carry the 3953 quite regularly. It's slim, light, and you can hardly feel it there. Reliable and accurate too. I actually love the trigger. I sent it to Trijicon last year and had a set of NS installed. I couldn't find a specific holster for it but I had ordered one for my P225A1 from R. Grizzle and it happened to fit the 3953TSW about perfectly.

It's in a Town&Country 2.

Holster with the P225A1. (next to my Hi Power in the same model holster)

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Both pistols are great shooters. I carried a 3953 off duty for several years when the duty gun was a 4043. Very accurate and reliable. The DAO trigger took a lot of getting used to, but once mastered it was quite accurate.

I have a 3914 that gets carried occasionally these days, but in general I grab the Glock 19. It's about the same size with nearly double the capacity.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a 3914 and in its day had a slim slide and very good for IWB carry, especially in hot months of the year. I did not like the trigger: but Cylinder and Slide used to do a good job slicking them up. I did get C&S extended slide release, as original was horrible. While I am not a fan of manual safeties on a DA?SA or striker fired gun, there is one attribute.... if you ever had an encounter where you were struggling for control of firearm, it was easy
to push safety/decocker down, safing the pistol, giving you a few precious seconds for the scumbag to figure it out!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
3913, 6906, and 6913 were my favorite carry pistols through the 80’s and 90’s. I’d love to have them again. Won some police competitions with the 3913.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owned several over the years. I agree with the post that the 3913 especially the TSW version (this is the Smith version that addressed the accuracy short comings) was one of the finest single stack compact (for its day) 9mm ever produced. I probably had 5 come and go, thousands of rounds, never a malfunction.
I live 30 minutes from Smith. Every once in a while one of the dealers in this area will get a new production batch of overruns of these that they made for a police department. A few years ago we had a run of 3914TSW's (black version of 3913) show up. They flew out the door. I think A PD in Ohio ordered them and Smith cranked out a bunch and sent some extras to a local FFL. I grabbed one, shot the carp out of it but traded it later toward a Wilson i had to have. I would take it back in a second of i could. A little dated, but great pistol.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post