SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lured by temptation and rebates, S&W Shield 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lured by temptation and rebates, S&W Shield 45 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So I finally gave into temptation, rebates, and gift cards that I've had laying in my dresser drawer and bought a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in .45 today at Cabelas.

Originally I went in with the intent of getting a Shield in 9mm. But after looking at them the .45 fit my hand much better, the trigger felt better and I liked the more aggressive stippling on the grip. Not as aggressive as the M&P 2.0, I'll call it M&P 1.5.

There seems to be no logic to the pricing. The .45 was $20 more than the 9mm. For an additional $30 the .45 came with a 3rd magazine and night sights, kind of a no brainer. But to get night sights and the 3rd magazine on the 9mm it was $75 more.

Hopefully some range time tomorrow to see how it shoots. But for the sale price, $75 rebate and gift cards, I ended up with a new gun for less than $200. At that price, I can throw it in the console vault of the truck and just not care.

Obligatory crappy cell phone pics. Possible one reason for the reduced cost, they've reverted to the cardboard box for packaging.

Pistol and magazines.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That'll do

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That's nice deal for the .45 caliber. I'll have to go check them out myself tomorrow. I've been eyeing a 442 J-Frame w/o the stupid lock too.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I'm on the edge about picking up a second 9mm Shield.

I feel pretty strongly that S&W will be releasing a Shield 9mm 2.0 in short order; but at $250 +/- $25 for the 1.0 it's hard to wait for the 2.0

I've always enjoyed the Shield; I think it's a great pistol with manageable recoil above average accuracy and exceptional ergonomics.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I grabbed one a while back. I thought they were well worth the money I paid then. I agree, with the rebate it IS a no brainer.

And yes they are shooters.

I see a lot of guys saying "crappy cll phone pics". This is the kind of stuff I get wil my cell phone.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I lost the temptation battle also! My 45 Shield from PSA should be here on Friday!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Damn that is tempting for $200.

It looks like my other guns so the wife probably won't notice. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shouldn't have opened this thread... I'm easily tempted.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I was impressed by the Shield 45 as well and really want one, I need to hurry up before the rebates go away.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I was impressed by the Shield 45 as well and really want one, I need to hurry up before the rebates go away.

Whereas I'm hoping the rebates WILL go away so I won't be tempted anymore. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't decide between the .45 and the 9mm.

I'm sure you can guess how I resolved that problem. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If you want a Shield, now is the time Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post