SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EMP 4 Contour Carry - or upgrade to GG STR8 on my Legion 226? Be gentle..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EMP 4 Contour Carry - or upgrade to GG STR8 on my Legion 226? Be gentle.. Login/Join 
Picture of KHolm
posted
I’ve been eye-balling the EMP concealed carry 4” model for quite some time now. I REALLY enjoy shooting my Legion 226 and have read/seen a lot of great comments & reviews of Bruce’s STR8 trigger. I also like the SAO triggers and slim feel of the 1911 platform. So here’s my dilemma;

Upgrade my Legion to the STR8 trigger, or trade for the EMP 4ccc? I’ve never, ever owned a SA handgun, but the comfort in hand is remarkable. The intent is to have a shooter, but something I can carry comfortably, too. I debated going to the SAO Legion, but the size of the gun itself doesn’t allow much for carry options for me personally.

For those of you that own both, or similar bob-tailed 1911’s & 226’s, what would you do in this scenario? Unfortunately I can’t own both, and I really like my Legion already. Thoughts, please! Thanks in advance.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
I love the feel of the Legion 226 in my hand, it feels smaller and more manageable than other 226's (IMHO). I believe it is the grips.

I love the 1911 pattern pistols for concealment, similar to my P2000SK, flat and easy to conceal.

It really boils down to your body type and carry. If you are able to comfortably conceal the 226, for me, I'd go with that. For me, I want the largest pistol I can shot well and carry everyday.

BTW, I've had GGI work on my P220 carry (reduced reset carry package) and the intermediate trigger), work done on my SigPro, and the reduced rest on my HK. All have been excellent work and are a joy to shoot. I really like the intermediate trigger. My hands are smaller and it is a good reach and doesn't pinch. I would expect the straight GGI trigger would be an excellent choice as well.

Let us know what you decide.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I always appreciate thinness when carrying.

But, what round count do you think your needs for carrying needs to be for the situations that you may find yourself in?

I always have my own internal debate of concealability vs enough firepower and reloads

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Think about if you want to carry an SAO pistol for self defense. I did for many years. It's a platform that like any other needs specific training and consideration. The EMP is easier to carry and conceal than the 226, but it's a whole different style of gun too. If you like DA/SA, a 225 might be worth a look. Lots of great options out there. You just need to try a bunch and see what you're most comfortable with carrying.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decision boils down to what you are comfortable carrying. The 226 is a bigger pistol and me personally, I wouldn't be able to conceal it except in colder weather. Perhaps you can use the 226 for that and the EMP for warmer weather carry if you decide to get it.
Right now, I can pull off carrying my 229 or 220 OWB with an outer garment. Summer time is my single stack IWB and I wouldn't be able to hide either of the Sigs with my body type.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming out of left field here, but another option, if your looking to stay Sig, is the P239-9 Tactical. They are currently on sale everywhere, and are a nice option for a more concealable single stack. They come with three mags, 2 regular, and a 10 round with an extended base.

Just another option to consider in the smaller single stack Sig game.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
Coming out of left field here, but another option, if your looking to stay Sig, is the P239-9 Tactical. They are currently on sale everywhere, and are a nice option for a more concealable single stack. They come with three mags, 2 regular, and a 10 round with an extended base.

Just another option to consider in the smaller single stack Sig game.

Great idea on the 239T and previously mentioned 225A1, which I owned for a short time and did enjoy but never carried. I may have to take another look at those options.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I love my SIGs and occasionally carry my 220 Carry. However, the truth is I carry my DW CCO & ECO9 more frequently because us what you describe.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post