SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Bug hit, 92FS Centurion... :D
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Bug hit, 92FS Centurion... :D Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If you get tired of it, let me know.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't post things like "that's a damn nice looking handgun", but damn, it IS.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
If you get tired of it, let me know.
Will do. Might be awhile... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I really don't post things like "that's a damn nice looking handgun", but damn, it IS.
Thanks. It was a deal I almost walked away from, with the all speckles in the photos I thought it might have had a much of dings on the slide and frame - even seeing it in person I wasn't sure until I got some of them up with my fingernail, but it wasn't easy.

But after 10 min in some SLIP2000 Degreaser the stuff came off with a nylon brush with minimal effort and it cleaned up really nice. It was probably 10+ years since it was last fired.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rhinowso - if you are willing, how much did you pay for the Centurion? I am talking to a guy who wants what I think is a silly price. Knowing your price might help. You can send me an email (address on my profile) if you prefer. Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, great find.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rhinowso - if you are willing, how much did you pay for the Centurion? I am talking to a guy who wants what I think is a silly price. Knowing your price might help. You can send me an email (address on my profile) if you prefer. Thanks.
I traded a lightly used G19.4 w/box and 2 mags that I had and $100 for the 92FS Centurion and 2 mags.

I valued the G19.4 at $450 plus $100 cash put me at $550 for the Beretta. The guy wanted some more cash at first but I wouldn't go higher.

It's kind of hard to put a firm price on these Centurions, because I wouldn't have traded that for a similar 92FS of that vintage and even in this case I almost didn't do it (more due to the initial photos with the speckles on the gun, which turned out to be old hard dried lube which came off). But after sleeping on it, knowing that I would likely get a G19.5 at some point, the spare to the spare to the training gun G19.4 wouldn't be missed at all, nor would the $100 in a could weeks time.

So long story short, $550.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Seems about right for a clean one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. Seems about right for a clean one.
Yeah, it wasn't a steal, but the non-lawyered up slide / frame and Italian manufacture was what pushed it over the top for me.

posted Hide Post
This blows, you've got me looking on GB for a 92 Centurion.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
This blows, you've got me looking on GB for a 92 Centurion.

There is one there for $500, but the condition doesn't justify that price to my mind. And a bunch of Franken-Centurions made out of regular size frames, short slides and plated. They look nice, but the guy has them priced in the stratosphere for what they are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was never interested in Franken-Berettas unless I made one myself.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm telling ya...we all need to get together and keep badgering Beretta to bring back production Centurions in both Black and an Inox/Stainless model. The icing on the cake would be one with a slide milled for replaceable front and rear sights but I'd be happy if they just came out with a straight up 92FS sighted model which would essentially be just take a slide/barrel assembly from over here and put it on the frame over there for them. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
I'm telling ya...we all need to get together and keep badgering Beretta to bring back production Centurions in both Black and an Inox/Stainless model. The icing on the cake would be one with a slide milled for replaceable front and rear sights but I'd be happy if they just came out with a straight up 92FS sighted model which would essentially be just take a slide/barrel assembly from over here and put it on the frame over there for them. Smile

I would wholeheartedly support that!!!

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ And I've been of the same opinion for years. Just can't understand why they are holding out on us.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same pistol , BB date code.
Very accurate and first year production for the Centurion. My dedicated night stand gun. Still has the original night sites from 92. Still glows enough to see at night.

Posts: 113 | Location: N.E.Ohio | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to try the "Type M" - was the grip much smaller?

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oz - I'll let you know, a 92sb Compact Model M should be arriving at the FFL tomorrow afternoon. '89 year vintage.

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple. I will be sending it to wilson for the full treatment then the Ernest for the full trigger job.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my JM Custom Kydec IWB holster and it fits the Centurion & Compact (no-rail) perfectly.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/IWB3.html