SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Bug hit, 92FS Centurion... :D
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Bug hit, 92FS Centurion... :D Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Popped up on a local forum, covered in gunk but looked like it had potential.

Figured I had too many Glocks so I let one go to acquire this, no box but with 2 mags 15rd mags, look to be original Beretta, pre-AWB.

After a good cleaning, some new springs and grips leftover from my 92A1, it looks pretty good - but still needs a new recoil spring, new grip screws, a TJIAB, G-kit, and some other things. Some honest wear from time in a holster near the front of the slide and a small ding at the rear of the grip, no big deal.

BB Coded 1992 Beretta 92FS Centurion, Made in Italy and not a mark of lawyerese-you'll-shoot-your-eye-out anywhere!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Looks like you cleaned up nice, the centurion is one of my favorite pistols.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great looking find! The D spring mid will clean the trigger up. Love them Centurions Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most handsome 92 variant, imho.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I don't get on here much but......

What ever happened to your 92A1 and the HD sights?

I remember you had a set, Mine were extremely low at 25 yards, but that was years ago when I dumped them. How did yours end up?

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
What ever happened to your 92A1 and the HD sights?
After getting them back after installation, they did indeed print low, much to my dismay but I guess it was not unexpected.

I got sidetracked for awhile but last week worked with Trijicon - they have a process to change the sights with different heights they have / can make. Along with the slide, you send them in a target at 30ft, where the HDs should be POI right at the tip of the sight blade. Mine was hitting 2 inches low there.

Once I get it back I will shoot it again to see how it does, then either keep or dump them.

posted Hide Post
Beretta BUG has hit me hard, too. It's a good one to have. In the last 5 months, I've bought an M9A3 Black, 92A1, and a like-new 92FS Italian. I couldn't be happier! An LTT is next if I don't buy another AR first with all the potential legislation coming down the road...

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very nice! the 92 is my favorite DA/SA pistol.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one version of the 92 Beretta should never have stopped making. The best balanced 92 variant.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice find, congrats!

I think you are right about a TJIAB, it would make a great addition from what I see on the interwebs. I put a D spring in mine for the time being, it makes a huge improvement for a modest investment of $5-$10.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Had the 40 version years ago. Smoothest pistol I ever had. I just couldn’t get used to the grip. Always loved the look.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've discussed the resurgence of the 92 in other threads. I'm tickled by it. I missed out on the guns when I first got into the hobby because I was a new cop and all of the old hands bad mouthed the guns as did a lot of the vets I knew.

The centurion is sweet and definitely follows the formula that works for guns like the Glock 19X/45, 1911 Commander, FN509, etc. The non-rail frame also has a timeless look. I'll probably have to own one now.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Nice 92! I would probably just do the G conversion,grip screws and recoil spring and call it good. Smile

Very nice.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best balanced 92 variant.

This, times 1000.

One of the first things I noticed about my WC Centurion Tactical is how balanced it felt compared to my 92FS and M9A1. It's subtle, but going between the three, you can tell it's less nose-heavy.

Nice snag, Rhino!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great afternoon - LTT TJIAB & Grips, G-kit, and new grip screws arrived today. Also replaced the firing pin safety roll pin, as it had a couple specs of rust.

Only took me about 25 min start to finish for all of it, a far cry from the 60 or so the first time around. Wink

It's smooooovelikabutta now... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Comparing the Centurion to the G45 - they are nearly identical in length and height, although the G45 has a bit more grip due to the overall design / lower bore of the slide. But essentially the same concept 25 years earlier, albeit when mag manufacturers seemed to think mag followers should be an inch long.

posted Hide Post
Finally got a new recoil spring and made a quick range trip. It ran great with all the new stuff installed and it's accurate as you'd expect.

Will likely send the slide to someone to drill the integral front sight for a FO rod and maybe put the WC blacked out battlesight on the rear. The OEM 3 dot sights aren't bad but a red or green rod would make the front pop a bit better.

posted Hide Post
Great acquisition! I bought a 92FS Centurion 9mm in the mid-90's. It was a great pistol, but like a fool, I sold it to get a full-size Italian FS. Although it is also a reliable and accurate pistol, it doesn't balance as well as my Centurion did. I was able to find a .40 Centurion of about the same vintage as my 9mm. I had to replace the extractor, but it has been reliable. Still looking for another 9mm. You will definitely like that pistol.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Nice piece. Especially sans print job on the slide.

Love my standard FS, but it's newer production, so it looks like somebody printed half the dead sea scrolls on it.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Nice find and cleanup job!

The Brigadier on the right is nice and shoots great, but my mid 90's Centurion on the left bought new is still my favorite Beretta of all time. I still can't bring myself to even put a D spring in it and the night sights still glow very dimly but visibly. It is 100% original and still shoots like a champ!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post