SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mpx owners...what optic are you running?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mpx owners...what optic are you running? Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a new Mpx today and now it’s time to order an optic for it. I’m currently running an MRO on my virtus and am thinking of getting another for the mpx.

What optics are you guys running and at what height? Is there anything I should be looking at in the same price range?

Posts: 227 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit I'm using a Sig Romeo5 XDR with circle dot reticle and AAA battery. It was cheap and it's really a Holosun. Have one on the Rattler too. Neither is designated for HD or they would have a "real" optic.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run an MRO in the low trijicon mount. But this is a gaming gun to me,if I was serious I would run an aimpoint.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you happen to have the red or the green dot on the MRO? I was leaning towards the green dot and this is basically just a range toy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine's got a cheap Sig Romeo 5 at the moment.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've also got a Romeo 5 on my SBR. It was cheap and available at the moment. Has worked just fine so far.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I run an MRO in the low trijicon mount. But this is a gaming gun to me,if I was serious I would run an aimpoint.

I have multiple MRO'S and as a lefty, I prefer the top mounted 'quazi-ambi' adjustment dial on the MRO vs. the Aimpoint. I also prefer the larger FOV of the MRO, though that not really how it's used.

Anything beyond the difference in battery life in your opinion that makes the MRO 'unserious' or is that it....Serious question?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've got a red MRO on mine. I'm running a green MRO on an SP5 and between the two, prefer the green.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked a green MRO out at the lgs. Looks more like a yellow green to me, but I like it. Next will be finding the best price on one with a low mount. I would have bought it there, but unfortunately they were $100 more than most online.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got a Romeo 5 on my MPX, as do 2 other guys I shoot with every week.

Nearly indestructible and a fair price. All 3 of us use them for HD with no reservations.

Here's an attempted destruction video for your viewing pleasure.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the green and in the end didn't like it. On a gaming gun I'm liking the circle dot as its quite fast on steel up close and its only in red.
The MRO battery life and my perception of aimpoints durability advantage are for the moment what keeps me using aimpoint for serious use.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flavoredpork
posted Hide Post
I have an uncorrected astigmatism so I run a Trijicon TA44 "carry handle base" in a Midwest Industries QD mount.

Posts: 71 | Registered: March 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Romeo5 on mine. 25yd sight in.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint T1 with an Absolute Co-Witness mount.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint T1 as well, but with a 1/3 cowitness Larue mount that once upon a time I bought by accident. I dunno what or if there's a proper "tactical" terminology for it, but I tried switching to an ADM absolute c/w mount for a while but discovered that I prefer having the 'unobscured' (as much as a single 2MOA astigmatized dot can obscure) sight window up top in one 'big chunk' rather than split in half. Kinda like a 6:00 hold mentality, I suppose. As funds (and devices) permit, thanks to that initial "mistaken" purchase I've been slowly switching RD mounts over to provide 1/3 c/w on my other builds. Always costing myself money...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the Romeo5, was looking for a decent, relatively inexpensive red dot.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
RMR

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint ACRO on Scalerworks mount.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctdw:
Aimpoint ACRO on Scalerworks mount.

Could you post a pic if you don’t mind. I was thinking of going that route, but got the MRO.
Thanks

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This image is from the Scalarworks website

Other views can be found here --> https://scalarworks.com/shop/q...tach-mounts/leap-03/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post