SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen-5 Glock G19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen-5 Glock G19 Login/Join 
Picture of Slugo
posted
Bought it to compare with my Sig P320 Compact. Very nice gun indeed. Very easy shooter with some nice enhancements. Better than my P320, no, but then what is really better than a SIG!

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing. It is a nice gun . Very soft shooting. My 320's are all more accurate thought

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Very nice! The Glock doesnt go bang when you drop it.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Slugo
posted Hide Post
Now that's not nice! LOL

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Glock of my dreams. Its beautiful.

I will buy one next year, to make sure any kinks are worked out.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
Very nice! The Glock doesnt go bang when you drop it.

Don't bet your life on it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Apex Tactical's action enhancement kit in my Gen 5 Glock G19. It comes twith the Apex trigger shoe, an Apex Gen 5 trigger bar and a Apex connector. This kit does not sacrifice reliability or safety in any way, but *for me* it does make all the trigger characteristics noticeably better. It was definately worth it for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggy, nice work on Gen 5. Is the trigger reach length the same as factory with Apex trigger shoe? I need a very short reach. TIA

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
Biggy, nice work on Gen 5. Is the trigger reach length the same as factory with Apex trigger shoe? I need a very short reach. TIA

It could be the same but feels a little longer, not less reach.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I love my 19.5. I have three G19's, a 3, 4 and 5. My Gen 3 is a Zev Tech, my Gen 4 is modded a bit (stippling, sights) but my Gen 5 will remain stock other than the sights. The trigger feels like a Gen 4 with 2000 rounds through it. Can it be better? Hell yes but good enough for me.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Tried one out after shooting my SIG 226 Legion and just decided it was not time, yet.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
Tried one out after shooting my SIG 226 Legion and just decided it was not time, yet.

Hard to compare a Mercedes SL 500 to a Volkswagen Beetle.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Ditto! Hard to step back.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:

Hard to compare a Mercedes SL 500 to a Volkswagen Beetle.

I wouldn't say the Legion is a VW Beetle, maybe a VW Jetta. It will do though, it compares favorably to my Glock 19.5 Smile

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of my pistols have the same manual of arms,
pull the trigger and all double action. When you really face the fire that's no time to think about what sidearm you're carrying that day.
I feel the same way about the grip angle. I'm
surprised Glock kept that same grip angle.
That said, for those who prefer a Glock and shoot
them well then my preference might cause as issue for them.
The new G19/5 seems, to me to be a reliable and fine sidearm.
I just stay away from that grip angle.
Stay safe out there (It's not as aafe as many think)
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my G19.5 Tuesday. Trigger feels about the same as my G19.4 which is ok for me. About the only mad I have made is Dremeled the trigger guard/front strap connection for a higher hand hold. Ordered a Talon grip and at some future point nights sites. Will not mess with the internals.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post