SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Armory Craft hammer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armory Craft hammer Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
Received and installed.

Install was easy enough, definitely easier to do the trigger when doing the hammer.

Dry fire feels good, need some range time again.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
When trying to remove or install the slide it hangs up just a bit.
The safety lever sits up just high enough to contact the rear of the slide.
De-cocked it sits lower and doesn't make contact.
Not all do this. Seems to be related to the M11 or the SRT.
I can get the slide off with just a bit of resistance but it seems some can't remove it at all without de-cocking first.

Not enough of an issue for me to fiddle with it as it functions just fine otherwise.
I'll bring the other hammer to swap back in if it acts up but I doubt I'll have an issue with it.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I thought you were always supposed to decock an SRT-equipped gun prior to slide removal anyway, unless I'm remembering it wrong.

That trigger and hammer setup looks pretty cool; let us know how it shoots!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
For some reason I didn't get a manual with the gun.
After a bit of searching you are correct, de-cock with an SRT first.

I didn't really notice it at first as it was not hanging up that tight with mine.

I had received a call from Armory Craft asking if I was having any issues removing the slide and if I had to de-cock first before removing the slide.
I looked over mine and informed him that the safety lever was making contact with the slide.

The bit of searching I did it seems that the first SRT guns you had to do this.
Later ones had a groove in the slide to allow clearance for the lever.
I can't confirm this as this is the only SRT Sig that I have.
If this is correct them maybe the M11-A1 didn't get the groove. I dunno.

Good to know it's not a defect, just a feature of the SRT.